Current Go-To (Formal) Look: Night Out

12:19 PM

go to look night out - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Hey everyone!

Every once in awhile, there are those wonderful weekends where my friends' and my own schedules align and we get the chance to go out. On spur of the moment occasions, I prefer to dress like I do on the daily, meaning a bit more casual and laid-back. But when it comes to going out, whether it be to celebrate or just for the heck of it, we like to get a bit dressy. This look I am sharing with you today is perfect for those occasions: dressy and falling slightly on the formal side, but casual enough to not look like you are crashing a school prom.

This was created in collaboration with one of my fellow blogger friends, Emily. We really wanted to both create a look that we tend to lean towards when it comes to a night out. Her resulting look is very girly and romantic, whereas mine leaned more on the edgy, street side not completely formal. We wanted to provide you all with some inspiration. As prom season is here for those of you in high school, the hair and makeup we chose to go along with our looks could potentially inspire you. Or perhaps it is the color dresses we chose. Either way, it's nice to get dressed up every once in awhile.

Check out Emily's post for her version of her go-to look!

current go to look night out - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Go To Look Night Out - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Current Go To Look Night Out - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

I chose a dress that was rather casual and not entirely too formal, mostly because I wanted to create a look that you can do with things you most likely already had existing in your closet. Call it a last-minute look if you will. I also was drawn to this dress because of the back. It is racerback AND has a cool slit at the lower-back too. I was particularly drawn to the way the back showed skin in an edgy, sexy way without being too over the top. Things that are too low-cut at the front are not my style. But I really love when dresses have slits and stuff at the back. 

Night Out - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Look for Night Out - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam



A lot of your look depends on how you accessorize and style it. Particularly the way you do your hair. Your hair can either draw attention to or away from everything. Because my dress has a wild print and a slitted back, I chose to pull my hair up and away from my face. 

A lot of formal looks have hair either curled and down, or pulled half-up. Or even all up in an intricate updo. What inspired me for this was how Blake Lively always looks for events. Her hair isn't too done up, but it still looks really good. As if she threw it together last minute and has little care for it.

What I did here was two twist braids on either sides of my face, and pulled back in a low tousled ponytail. This drew hair away from my neck and back, and allowed some attention to be put on the back of the dress. 

Makeup for Night Out - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Twist Braid Ponytail - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Night Out Look - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

For my makeup here, I used the Maybelline Blushed Nudes palette to create the softly smokey eye look. I also added highlight from the Benefit Girl Meets Pearl highlight. I finished it off with a nude lip. After taking all these photos and looking back, I think that a dark and dramatic lip would work as well. What do you think?

Of course I wouldn't recommend you to wear this to prom or some other fancy formal event as such. But, I do think that this look would be perfect for a night out. Worn with the right attitude and it will work. Either way, I hope this provided some inspiration for you, and how to style your hair and makeup based on the cut, color, and print of your dress and such.

Emily created a really amazing look as well! Go check out her post for some more inspiration!

I really hope you enjoyed this post, and lemme know in the comments below what you think! What is your version of your go-to formal look for a night out?

Thanks for reading! I hope you are all having a wonderful start to the week!


Til next time,
~A

You Might Also Like

67 comments

  1. Such a stunning post! This dress looks amazing on you!!!

    Had so much fun working together!

    Emily xxx http://emilysthoughts.wix.com/emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of fun working with you as well Emily! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello >^.^<
    U look amazing! So beautiful photos :)
    I am so delighted with your entry and full of innovative inspiration blog!
    Greetings :)

    http://www.porcelandia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really glad you like it :)

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely picking up on the 'edgy' vibes you've described - and I love how you've worn your hair, it fits the edgy theme while still look entirely pretty on you :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Magazine Subscription Giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to hear that the hairstyle I chose to wear for this look worked well. Whenever I wear certain outfits I have several hairstyles in mind, and I'm glad this works
      I hope you are having a great week Gabrielle!

      Delete
  4. Cute dress, lady! Great for a night out!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress! It looks stunning on you too. No wonder it's your go-to :)

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn this hairstyle so often, and dresses in this style is always my go-to. They are my fail-proof because of how easy they are to style. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. you look gorgeous! love that dress absolutely stunning!

    Kayla xo // Kayla's Vibration

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress you're wearing and I can totally imagine myself wearing that hairstyle !!

    xx Alina

    http://alinakristiblog.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely wear this hairstyle! It's really easy to do :)

      Delete
  8. That is on sexy outfit, Andrea and you are totally rockin' it! Great makeup look and your hair is always on point!

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine! I'm so happy to hear that! "On point" I like the sound of that haha :)

      Delete
  9. You are beautiful dear!! I love how this dress fits on you, even if it's so short is not vulgar at all!! And the back is great!
    And what about your hair? I love Blake Lively hairstyles so great choice dear! ^-^
    HAve a wonderful day!
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roberta! For most outfits I wear, I like to consider how my parents would feel about it before leaving the house to keep things appropriate haha
      Blake Lively has really gorgeous hairstyles, and I always take inspiration from her. Glad you like it! I hope you are having a wonderful week!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful dress! Your body looks so good dear! *_*

    XX,

    Photography & Fashion Blog
    www.ChristinaKey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina! Haha I'm definitely working on it as the summer is coming up :)

      Delete
  11. Love your dress! Simple and so easy to style with. I wish I could braid my hair but Im too lazy :)

    Aly In Wanderland | ^_^ | alyinwanderland.com xx Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy to do, I'm sure you can do it! :) Thank you Alyssa!

      Delete
  12. Just came here from Emily's blog! That's a gorgeous dress and I love the print, you can never go wrong with a bodycon dress!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, bodycon dresses are such a fail-proof. They are so easy to style. Thank you!

      Delete
  13. Wow you look amazing for a night out! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look so much! Especially the hair style, I want to try it out for sure. You look so stunning!
    XO Raquel
    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it Raquel :) you should definitely try it out! It would be so awesome if you recreated the look. Thank you!

      Delete
  15. Great post dear...I follow you... :)

    www.newoutfitfashionblog.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I checked out your blog too and I love your posts :)

      Delete
  16. I'd definitely wear this look on a night out with the girls -- except I don't have legs like yours to pull it off, ha! You look amazing, though, and i love the concept of going formal, but slightly casual, dressy but not expensive. I agree that hairstyles play such an important role in changing up an entire look, so I pay a lot of attention to it. Putting your hair up in a ponytail to let the dress shine is personally what I would've done, too!

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I've actually never heard that about my legs before but thank you! :) Hairstyles can really determine the resulting look. For day to day looks, I generally like to wear my hair the same way. But every once in awhile, for particular outfits, I style my hair to add to the effect I'm going for. I'm glad that you like it :) Thank you May!

      Delete
  17. love the dress, they've a unique pattern! love the combo
    have a great weekend
    xx,
    http://evelyn-halim.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evelyn! The pattern is something I really like about this dress too. It fits in well with my love for prints. I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  18. So chic outfit!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that cut out dress! And your hairstyle is on point! Cool look Andrea!
    ♥☻♥☻♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne! The cut outs are something I've been trying out lately. Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  20. Thanks! I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you look so cute dear, love that hairstyle on you :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Andrea... I think you did an awesome job with styling and love that you keep your glasses on as part of the look. Keep doing this as it gives you a unique appeal that other fashionable eyewear divas will appreciate!

    Hugs
    KaSonndra
    http://livewellbefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pictures!!!perfect outfit... Have a nice day!
    Kisses!!!
    Visit my blog: www.newoutfitfashionblog.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many dresses waiting for your option,if you want to be a beautiful lady,please choose us. emilygowns strapless ombre evening gown reviews

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Pinterest