OOTD Inspo: Little Black Dress with Lace Sleeves ft. Banggood

9:26 PM

OOTD Inspo LBD with Lace Sleeves ft Banggood - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Hey everyone!

As you probably already know based on the outfits I've shared here in the past, I am a fan of contrasting colors, prints, and textures. I am not afraid of experimenting with different pieces to make them work as a cohesive look. However, I've recently found myself appreciating the beauty in simplicity. Simple does not have to be boring. In fact, there are many ways for a monochromatic look to be visually interesting. A classic little black dress can be played up in so many ways and speak of your individual character, and yet all it takes is just one color. (Which isn't even a color, really, because black is actually a shade created from a lack of light. But let's not go that deep).

A short while ago, I created a wishlist of things I'm loving this spring from Banggood. Check out my wishlist if you haven't already to see some of the awesome stuff this site has to offer. I've gotten things from there before in the past, and I was not dismayed. Not sure if you remember or not, but the long-sleeve black dress, leopard print scarf, and leaf ring were all really nice. Go take a look at that last review if you so desire. Anyways, today I'm sharing with you all one of the two dresses I ended up getting from my spring wishlist of Banggood items.

Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam - OOTD Inspo LBD Lace Sleeves Banggood

OOTD LBD with Lace Sleeves from Banggood - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam
Find a similar dress here
This LBD features long lace sleeves, which I think adds an edgy appeal to an otherwise classic dress. It has a slight high-low cut at the bottom, and the neckline is fairly modest. The sleeves in my opinion are the true focal point. They add a nice flair to it. And you know me, I love black lace.

OOTD LBD with Lace Sleeves Banggood - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

OOTD LBD with Lace Sleeves ft Banggood - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

I really like how simple this dress is. It is not super attention-grabbing, yet it does have this subtle glamour and elegance to it. That's the thing with LBD's, they are so versatile. If you got a good one, you can really dress it up or down in whatever way you desire. Here, I chose to pair it with dark violet heels and a silvery faux-snakeskin belt.

Little Black Dress with Lace Sleeves Banggood - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Little Black Dress OOTD with Lace Sleeves Banggood - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

The skinny snakeskin belt I cinched around my waist creates some shape to the dress, and complements the edgy factor the lace sleeves provide. I purposely chose a skinny belt, rather than a thicker one because it goes better with the overall simplicity of the dress. The purple heels add a subtle pop of color to my look, and some height as well to my vertically-challenged frame. Heels are my friends. Shoutout to all my fellow vertically-challenged friends out there!

LBD Lace Sleeves OOTD Banggood - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Had I paired this dress with some chunky boots, flats, or sandals, it would have altered the look. Right now, I feel like I came straight from a photoshoot for the latest Pretty Little Liars promo pictures or something. Either that, or some Hart of Dixie vibe, even though I haven't actually watched an entire episode before. 

I'm thinking a nice pair of gladiator sandals would also suit this dress nicely for an everyday look, what do you think?


OOTD Inspo LBD with Lace Sleeves from Banggood - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam - OOTD Inspo LBD with Lace Sleeves from Banggood

You can find a similar dress as this one here. I have a SECOND post featuring another dress from Banggood I will be posting soon! It is also from my spring wishlist. So get excited for that.

When I took those photos, it was incredibly hot outside. I am amazed that I was able to wear this dress and not feel like I was dying. My photographer, also known as my sister, was complaining the entire time because she just wanted to go hide indoors with an icy cold drink. Seattle doesn't get hot and sunny as often as other places, but when it does I don't feel prepared. I need to start working on my tolerance levels for hot weather again.

Though, I really shouldn't say that and risk jinxing it. I love when the weather gets to be this nice out. The only thing that bothers me is my fear of getting sunburned, or developing skin cancer. That and the bees that come out to play now that flowers have bloomed and it's time to pollinate. I know bees are great and play a crucial role in nature, but that doesn't lessen my fear at all!

What did you guys think? How do you style little black dresses? Lemme know in the comments below!

I hope you all enjoyed reading, and that you have a wonderful day!


Til next time,
~A

You Might Also Like

49 comments

  1. This dress is really pretty and you look amazing! :)
    Have a nice day!!

    xx Alina

    http://alinakristiblog.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alina! I hope you have a great day as well

      Delete
  2. I've always been in love with little black dresses and I'm totally going to get one for this summer! This one looks really pretty on you! xoxo



    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little black dresses are really great to have in your wardrobe. I hope you do get one! Thanks Vildana!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful look!
    This dress suits you very well dear. :)
    LOVE the lace parts.

    XX,
    Photography & Fashion Blog

    www.ChristinaKey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina! I love the lace too :)

      Delete
  4. love the dress, so stylish, and great detail you added with this belt xoxo

    www.thefurthestthingfromperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivana! I'm glad that the belt was the right touch. I'm happy to hear you like it!

      Delete
  5. That dress is just so pretty! I love anything with lacey sleeves and you look gorgeous, Andrea! A great LBD to have in your wardrobe for any occasion :)

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine! It really is a great addition to my wardrobe. I love lace on anything and the sleeves are probably my favorite detail on it.
      I hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  6. Such a great little black dress, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really does look super boiling there, I can imagine how hot you must have been! All the same, you returned back indoors with some gorgeous photos - I love the black lace sleeves of this dress :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sweltering! Well, maybe so because it hasn't been hot here in awhile and I wasn't used to it haha
      Thank you Gabrielle!

      Delete
  8. You're right, the versatility a little black dress gives you is awesome! And I love the way you paired it with the skinny belt - I honestly thought it was part of the dress because it's looked so "together" if you know what I mean. Personally I don't have my own LBD and I'm a little fashion-challenged so I don't know how I'd style my own, but I like your idea of pairing it with gladiator sandals for a more casual look!

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! I wasn't sure about the belt at first because I was worried about it altering the shape too much, but I'm glad it worked out in the end. I really think you should get an LBD too, it's not too difficult to style especially because black is such a universally flattering color! Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  9. It's nice to know that you tried the monochrome dressing. It suits you. ;)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaira! I'll keep that in mind :) I hope you have a wonderful day

      Delete
  10. You look stunning dear, love that black lace dress on you. Very chic and classy looking dress :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ambi! I'm happy to hear you like it :)

      Delete
  11. Such a beautiful dress and I love your styling. I do much prefer minimalism so I know what you mean about simplicity :) x

    Viva Epernay | Festival Tickets Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Styling minimalist outfits is so different from the usual way I dress, but I like how simple it is. There's so much more emphasis on the appearance of the clothes themselves, but in a different way. I can see why you prefer it. Thank you Sarah!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a fantastic day too!

      Delete
  13. I love lace dresses so much :) you look so pretty !

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lace is such an elegant look. Thank you! You're so sweet :)

      Delete
  14. That lbd is absolutely amazing on you! Great look!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great dress hun! I especially like the lacework :)
    Maybe you have time to see my new outfit post White Hearthood

    Also, would you like to follow each other on GFC? Pls follow and I’ll follow back!

    Follow me on Google Plus

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Akanksha! The lace is my favorite detail too. I've just checked out your newest post and I love it :) I hope you have a great day

      Delete
  16. Really nice dress, I have a similar one, but mine is a bodycon dress. You matched it well with those shoes but as you said the gladiator sandals would go nice with it too :) Enjoy the nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bodycon dresses are a really great style too. I like how they hug your curves.
      Good to know that idea would work :) I'm going to be on the lookout for some gladiator sandals.
      Thank you for reading! I hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  17. This dress is really beautiful!
    I love black outfits!
    xoxo

    Arianna
    www.thepinkemotion.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing look. That dress is lovely.
    http://glaringwaves.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm happy to hear you like it

      Delete
  19. Love the LBD it's such a pretty look. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma! I hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  20. very pretty dress dear! so cute!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing look !! so cool !


    xoxo

    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE this dress and though I love how it's styled here, I would also really love it with gladiator sandals as well, can't wait to see more of your summer looks!
    Farah x
    www.vatkinary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Farah! I wish I had a pair of gladiator sandals now haha
      I'll definitely be posting more summer looks :) thanks for reading!

      Delete

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Pinterest