The Miranda Sings Award

4:13 PM

Miranda Sings Award - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Hey everyone!

Awhile back, I was nominated for the Miranda Sings Award by the amazing Jasmine from thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com. She is a wonderful blogger who posts really great, interesting content on topics such as fashion and beauty. She is so real and relatable and creative, so definitely go check out her blog! Thanks so much Jasmine for nominating me!

The rules for this award is as follows:

Announce your nomination with a post, including a link to the blogger who nominated you
Include the featured image on your blog
Nominate 10 other blogs and link the nominees in your post
List seven things you love about yourself (such as appearance, personality, skills, and so on and so forth), and no negative comparisons.

And so to continue on this lovely tag/award thing, I'm sharing with you all today the 7 things I love most about myself. This is in no way an excuse to act conceited and self-obsessed; it is simply a way to spread the idea of self-love. Okay, fine. Maybe it is a little bit conceited, but you know what? Society ingrains into our brains that it is wrong to show some self-love because it comes off as conceitedness. But you know what? I think that to some extent it is okay to do so, rather than always acting so modest.

If you can't proudly love yourself, flaws and all, how can you expect others to love you? Go ponder that why don't you?

Anyways, without further adieu, here are my list of seven.

1) I love that I am skilled in art. Art has been part of my life ever since I could remember. I really love and appreciate my knack for colors and eye for patterns.

2) I love that I have a creative mind. I tend to think outside of the box. Sometimes I hit a rut where I feel as stumped as a chopped up tree, but when I reach that creative state it is the greatest feeling ever.

3) I love that I can be very much a perfectionist. I really like being organized and being in control. Sure, that may annoy those around me, but at times it really comes in handy. It helps me accomplish things, and it shows the immense amount of dedication and diligence I put into everything I do.

4) I love my hair. It is SO easy to manage and is healthy. I used to wish I had curly or wavy hair naturally, like my friends do. But now that I've learned more about styling hair, and gained a better understanding of what works for my hair, I have come to really appreciate what I've got.

5) I love my wit and sarcasm. I have a sense of humor and I'm not afraid to hold it back. I can make people feel at ease even if I have just met them. I've also been told by my friends that my sassiness brightens their days and has kept them on their feet.

6) I love my intuitiveness. It allows me to be on the same emotional level of that of others, and helps me gain a better understanding of the environment I am in.

7) I love my inability to play sports. I have a complete lack of ability to do well in sports. I really try, I really do. But whenever the ball comes flying in my direction, I can't help but duck and cover. And you know what? That's okay with me. It is humbling. Who needs to be good at everything anyways?

Thus follows are the 10 lovely bloggers I am nominating!

Aisha http://aishettina.blogspot.com/
Ambi http://www.ambiinwonderland.com/
Alyssa http://www.alyinwanderland.com/
Marianne http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.com/
Julia Kaylee http://jkdawn.blogspot.com/
Kayla http://www.kaylasvibrations.com/
Vildana http://living-like-v.blogspot.com/
Roberta http://milleunrossetto.blogspot.com/
Sarah http://www.vivaepernay.com/
Sam http://mybeautycloud.com/

It's so fitting that it is the Miranda Sings award. I follow her on YouTube, and the way Colleen portrays her is so wonderful and motivating.

Please share a few things you love about yourself in the comments below! Even if I didn't nominate you, it will still be a great way to spread the love, as well as get to know you all better.

Thanks for reading! I hope you all are having a fantastic day!


Til next time,
~A

You Might Also Like

44 comments

  1. cool Award this is, Nd am glad I learnt a few about you... also the blogs you nominated are all cool too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to hear that you like this!

      Delete
  2. Nice to hear stuff about you, i am hair freak too xoxo

    www.theninebyivana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice that you're uplifting yourself and although probably most people hate themselves for not being able to play any sport, you still see the positive and bright side of it :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely come to terms with that and learned to laugh along with others :) Thanks Shaira!

      Delete
  4. Aww thank you so much for nominating me for this awesome award! I absolutely love it! xoxo


    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! You're very very welcome for the nomination - you are one swell lady and an awesome blogger! I admire your creativity and artsy-ness as well. It's okay to love yourself and be proud of who you are :)

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jasmine! I really love your blog :) and yes self-love is so important!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for nominating me for this awesome award dear !! I enjoyed this post and creative minds are the best, I love creative people :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read your post Ambi! I definitely prefer being creative over being a linear-minded thinker :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for nominating me, Andrea! This is such an amazing thing for self esteem for all the girls!! And you're gorgeous :)
    xx

    KayleeㅣJK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome :) I'm looking forward to reading your post! Thank you!!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the nomination, lovely :) I'll have to have a good think about mine - its so drummed into us that its narcissistic to focus on our positives and talents that it actually becomes really difficult to remember what they are x

    Viva Epernay | Win a 14 Day Teatox!  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Sarah! It took some time for me as well, but it's refreshing to think about our positive qualities for once :)

      Delete
  9. Hehe, I'm also a hair freak! :)

    XX,

    Photography & Fashion Blog

    www.ChristinaKey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that we've got that in common! :)

      Delete
  10. This is such a cute award idea! xx
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the nomination!! I don't have time so I can't promise ;) but I wish I can write asap. But I don't understand one thing.. why it's called Miranda Sings? It's the name for a lipstick tag haha

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, it would be fun to read but I understand if you can't :)
      Miranda Sings is a character Colleen Ballinger plays on YouTube where the character is very self-obsessed and narcissistic. Her slogan is Haters Back Off, and I'm guessing this tag was titled as so because it is about sharing your positive qualities

      Delete
  12. What a lovely idea ! I love that you're proud of you art - it's a wonderful talent to have, and something I certainly don't possess (at least not in the traditional sense haha)! Have a great weekend :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabrielle :) I'm sure you have some artistic talents! Art has such a vague definition, anything can be art if you've got a good argument and reasoning, at least that's the idea Duchamp played with haha

      Delete
  13. Love this! Have a lovely weekend. :)


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great week too :)

      Delete
  14. I had no idea Miranda Sings had her own reward and that is awesome! It's such an great, inspiring post for girls, focused on loving ourselves and our individual personalities. I love my inability to play sports too hahahaha <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more :) it's nice to think about the things we like about ourselves for once rather than focusing on what we wish we could change. Brings more positive vibes. We've got our lack of athletic skills in common!

      Delete
  15. This is such a cool award, love the positivity of it! We often forget how important it is to love ourselves and this is a nice reminder!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina! I agree, self love is something we should keep in mind more :)

      Delete
  16. Hi dear, and thank you for your nomination! *-*
    In this moment of my life I need a little bit of self love so I'm so happy to answer to this tag!
    I think I'm a creative person too! ^-^
    Have a lovely day!
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Pinterest