Guest Post: How to Pack Light and Still Look Stylish

9:11 PM

Guest Post Packing Light Travel aglimpseofglam
Image credit: Pixabay
Hey everyone!

I really hope your week is going well! The weekend is almost here. Not to mention, summer! We are fast approaching the time of year when thoughts of vacation and traveling circulates our minds like no other. Some of us, like yours truly, have already had spring break. Others are about to, or are having a relaxing spring break right now. Regardless, I'm pretty sure all of us are planning on traveling at some point or another. Just to get away from everyday life, and to experience something new.

Today, I have a guest post to share with you all! This is written by Jae Rustia from the Australian brand Babyboo. So without further adieu...

***

For me, travelling is a time to play with fashion. Whether I am going to an old city to witness all of its history or a small village that is full of charm, I want to look elegant and timeless so I can look back on the photos taken on these trips and not regret my fashion choices.

Travelling is also a time for me to forget about my everyday routine and kick some of my bad habits like checking my emails every ten minutes and other stress related baggage. I like to travel light and take only that which is really necessary so I can feel as free and relaxed as I possibly can during this time.

It took some trial and error, but these days, I have mastered the art of packing light while looking stylish on holiday. The following are some of the things I pack to look good on holiday, without having to pack up my whole entire wardrobe.

Babyboo Fashion Dresses Packing Light and Travel aglimpseofglam
Image credit: Babyboo Fashion

Dresses

Feminine, light weight and most importantly, taking up very little space, dresses are my go to style pieces whenever I go on holiday. I love how easy these one pieces are to fold and to pack. More importantly, dresses that flatter my body shape are always a good idea. I opt for tonal colours as well as patterned ones but I do stick to classic silhouettes.  
caged lace ups

There isn’t a time for heels when I am on holiday. What with so many walks and things to do, I like to stick to flats and comfortable shoes that won’t make me have to stop every few steps. This said, I like to go for shoes that will look good and elegant with the dresses I wear and that is why lately, I have been going for pointy ballet pumps and especially, caged lace ups as they are so on trend. More than that, with there being no heels, these pumps take far less space in my luggage.

Packing Light Travel aglimpseofglam
Image credit: Pixabay

Blouses

Tops, knitwear and jumpers are all great for a holiday but to create a stylish look without occupying too much space when packing I often opt for blouses. Not only is the blouse such a classic and elegant piece that is always stylish and on trend but blouses also take so little space. I have literally taken a dozen blouses at a time and still had plenty of space to go.


Peg Trousers

Tying up with the blouses, peg trousers are a great alternative to denim or other trousers when you want to travel in style. The material of peg trousers is often very light and thin which makes them easier to fold and pack in very limited space.

Babyboo Fashion Jumpsuits aglimpseofglam
Image credit: Babyboofashion.com

Jumpsuits

An alternative to the dress, the jumpsuit is another way of packing a whole look in one style item. Whether you go for a backless piece or a long sleeved one, structured or loose, the jumpsuit is perfect to bring style and comfort on holiday when travelling light.


Skirts

Pleated or maxi, sheer or lace, skirts are another option to trousers you can pack in your luggage. I love travelling with skirts — you can wear them to visit museums and churches by day and you can rock them for a romantic dinner at night or to party the night away.

There you have it. These are my go to style pieces I pack in my luggage when I want to travel light. Of course, there is always a statement piece that may take up more space than the rest of the style items, like a chunky knit or a great jacket, but those are one or two pieces that we can all afford to pack if we keep the rest of the things packed in a small area.

Do you have your own tips for travelling light? Share your thoughts below!

***

I hope you all enjoyed reading this guest post! Definitely lemme know in the comments what you think! 

Thank you for reading, and I wish you all a lovely day!


Til next time,
~A

You Might Also Like

33 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this tips, i am a mess when it comes to packing xoxo

    www.thefurthestthingfromperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know, me too. I love packing but it can be such a pain!

      Delete
  2. I love to wear jumpsuit and skirts as well during summer.
    Great tips for packing light but still look stylish.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skirts are the best for summer! So comfortable! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to hear you liked it :) I hope you have a terrific weekend!

      Delete
  4. Great guest post...lots of useful info!
    www.streetmadonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok may I suggest to bring with you an empty luggage to fill up once you arrived at your destination? Ahahah I'm joking ^-^
    Sooo helpful tips darling, I think dresses and some basic garments are the perfet essentials to pack for our holidays!
    Have a lovely week end!
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha very true Roberta! I've actually ended up having to buy a suitcase to bring home everything before. It's so hard to stay within the weight limit for luggage!
      Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  6. The first dress is so pretty :) love it ! xx

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is very beautiful! :)

    XX,
    Photography & Fashion Blog

    CHRISTINA KEY
    www.CHRISTINAKEY.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina! Glad to know you liked it:)

      Delete
  8. When I travel on business I always prefer to travel light so I don't have to deal with the aggravations of bag checks. This article offers some great tips I hadn't thought of. Thanks to both you and your awesome guest for sharing these.

    Hugs
    KaSonndra
    http://livewellbefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Checking in luggage can be such a pain! I hate having to keep my luggage within the weight limit. I also hate having to worry about bringing liquids in carry-on bags too.
      Thank you KaSonndra!

      Delete
  9. great advice, thanks for sharing! :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Sybil! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  10. Hi dear. Thank you for the liebester award.. I didn't get time to post my answers, so many pending posts. Next post would surely be my answers :)

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my earlier post :)

    Maybe you have time to see my New outfit post Fare-The-Well My Farewell

    Follow me on Google Plus

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright! I understand :) I can't wait to read your answers though
      I hope you are having a wonderful week and I will definitely be reading your newest outfit post!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for sharing your tips, they are so helpful! :-)

    https://barbiegirl06.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's actually summer here in my country already. I'm on summer vacation and currently booking some trips already. :) Thanks for these ideas! I especially love jumpsuits. :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New Post- Moto Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous! It's still the early bits of spring here, I can't wait for summer to come around. I really want to go on vacation already haha
      I'm glad you liked it Shaira :) I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  13. Hey Andrea, im so glad your readers seem to love my guest post, I hope they can all have a good and stylish vacation :)

    here's another tip: bring a nice shawl that can pass as a beach-go-to item and dinner-go-to item for added punch on your clothes, you can also try the idea "mix and match" :)

    oh by the way, those who mare into summer, i hope you can check out my 2016 Summer Beach Essentials here: http://januarygemorie.blogspot.com/2016/04/2016-summer-beach-essentials.html

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Pinterest