OOTD in Black and Plaid: Newchic Review and Haul

10:09 PM

OOTD Black and Plaid Newchic Review and Haul - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Hey everyone!

How has your week been? After the amazing experience I had last weekend, this past weekend has been very dull. Otherwise, my week has been pretty good. This quarter, I am interning at the art gallery at my school for both credit and experience. It's a great thing to put on a resume. I also find it way more enjoyable than sitting in class and studying for tests. Though, at times I do miss the rush of adrenaline I get when I'm cramming for a test. The other classes I am taking are not as stressful as the ones I had last quarter. Thank goodness. It's been a nice, chill several weeks so far. Let's hope I didn't just jinx it.

I don't know if you remember, but a long time ago I created a wishlist of things I wanted to get from Newchic. They have a lot of nice things on that site for pretty reasonable prices. A while ago, I received those things I put on my wishlist. I wanted to share with you all today a review. Hopefully this helps you find some things to get if you are feeling like you want to update your wardrobe.

OOTD Plaid Scarf and Black Romper - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam
Scarf: Here

Black Romper from Newchic - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

Since they do ship from China, which is half a world away from where I live, it did expectedly take a while to arrive. However, the wait was worth it. I really liked the quality of everything I received! 

I chose a red plaid scarf, made of a really soft material that has a nice drape to it. I like how big and cozy this scarf is. Even though it is spring now, I feel like there are ways to continue including scarves in your outfits. Scarves do not have to be limited to being a cold-weather accessory. If you play around with textures and weights of materials, you surely can create a transitional outfit during these times of year when mornings are chilly and afternoons are sweltering. 

Styling a Black Romper and Plaid Scarf - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam


OOTD in Black and Plaid - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

I LOVE oversized scarves because they feel like you are wearing a blanket. Or a cape. I can pretend to be like superwoman or something. Here, I paired the scarf with the lovely black romper I got from Newchic. Rompers have been and currently are in style. I just had to get one because with the warmer weather, I can get sick of wearing shorts, skirts, and dresses. A versatile romper like this one can really come in handy.

When ordering this romper, I tried matching my own measurements as closely as possible to the ones available for sizing online. However, the romper turned out to be too big. A similar thing happened in another occasion when I shopped online, where the dress I got was too large. But, getting something that is bigger than desired is a simple fix. Because it is a romper, I just threw on a black belt, and basically tucked in the romper at the sides in such a way to make it look more fitted. The black belt was one I already owned and not part of the actual romper, but I think that it adds a little oomph to the outfit.

I'll definitely find a way to alter the romper to make it fit better, but otherwise I really like the overall quality and the style. It will be perfect for many occasions. Black rompers are so versatile. They have the simplicity of a dress, in that with one item you've got yourself an outfit, but without the hassle of having to actually wear a dress. Wearing dresses can be nice, but you have to care about how you sit and such, which can become annoying at times. That's wear a nice romper comes in handy.

OOTD Black and Plaid Newchic Review - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam
Black Romper: Here

Black Romper and Plaid Scarf Newchic Review - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam

I paired this look with some black fishnets, which I've worn before in a previous OOTD post back in 2015. I love these fishnets for the way they can add some edge to a look. I also threw on a pair of black ankle boots with gold buckles at the sides to go with the gold jewelry I had on.

Gold Bangle and Chevron Ring Newchic - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam
Bracelet: Here
Ring: Here
The gold bracelet and ring are also things I got from Newchic. The bracelet also ended up being a bit too big, but because it's a bangle it still looks good. I will have to be careful that it doesn't fall off though. 

The gold chevron ring is really nice too. I like how it's a statement ring. The downside to this though is that the quality of the ring isn't as nice as the rest of the things I got. But that's understandable for the price it was at. I do like the design, but the metal wasn't as great quality as it could be. But, I can still see myself wearing it because the chevron design is nice.


Black Bucket Bag Newchic - Andrea Tiffany aglimpseofglam
Recognize that outfit in the photo? It's one of the outfits I wore from my mini haul of things from Dresslink.
Bucket Bag: Here

The last thing I got was this black bucket bag. Let me be honest here. I seriously LOVE this bag to death! Ever since I've gotten it, I've used it everywhere I go. It's such a great, versatile design. It can go with many outfits. The overall structure is nice. It can hold a TON of stuff. The material of it is sturdy, and more or less waterproof because of the faux-leather. I really really like it. Of everything I got, this is the one thing I will really be putting to use. The only thing I don't like is that there is some random E decal, which I assume is from the brand. But, I can remove it if I wanted to. I just wish that it was an A for Andrea.

What do you guys think? Have you bought anything from Newchic before? After receiving these things, I definitely recommend it. They have pretty great quality items for the prices you pay. If you are on the lookout for some new things to add to your wardrobe, go check out Newchic. I left all the links to the items I got in the image captions!

By the way, I wanted to mention something else before I forget! I remember awhile ago I said that I would post hair and makeup tutorials. I have not forgotten! I'm still planning them out. Currently, I'm trying to find the best way to take photos of it for a post. I'm still working on them, don't worry. I may claim at times to have the mindset of an eighty-years old lady, but I sure do not have the memory of one.

How do you deal with clothes that are a size too big? What are some of the ways you wear rompers? Lemme know in the comments below! I always love finding new ways to style certain things. 

Thank you for reading! I hope you all have a wonderful day!


Til next time,
~A

You Might Also Like

61 comments

  1. Great outfit. xo

    Vildana from Living Like V (I HAVE A GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG SO BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT) & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love that blanket scarf - red and black is ALWAYS a great combo and that romper looks so cute on you! Bucket bags seem to really be in this year and I'm super tempted to get myself one >_<

    Just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the Miranda Sings Award (click) and hope you get a chance to check it out!

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, you can never go wrong with red and black. Haha you should definitely consider getting one! They are SO useful to have. Thanks for nominating me Jasmine, I am working on the post!

      Delete
  3. This is really beautiful!

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scarf! Such a cool gothic chic look. I kinda recieve oversized items from when I get collabs. So I think from now on I will only pick the small size hahaha :)

    <3 | >.< | Aly In Wanderland | Alyssa X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alyssa! Haha I agree, I want to do that but then I fear that it would end up being too small!

      Delete
  5. awesome, d scarfs are lovely as welll...

    #leXHansplaCE





    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm got some things from NewChic too, and I'm planning a post around it soon lol. Love the romper! Honestly I don't wear them that often because they can get a little annoying when I want to go to the bathroom but they're super cute and I've been debating about adding more to my wardrobe! As for clothes that are a size too big, I usually just leave it as I'm super lazy and since I'm small, oversized doesn't look too bad. But mostly I'm too lazy to get it tailored and such hah. Can't wait for the tutorials!

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha very true! That is one thing that irritates me about rompers. Same with wearing one piece swimsuits. Such a hassle. I'm too lazy to get it tailored too, plus it costs money. I usually try and make it work with a well positioned belt
      thanks Sam!

      Delete
  7. New Chic has so many amazing stuffs!!! *-*
    I love your black romper, you're right dear they are so trendy right now! I think I will buy one for this summer, maybe a floral printed one!
    And what about your accessories, great choices! That scarf is absolutely amazing! *-*
    Have a wonderful week end!
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floral rompers are so pretty! Great idea Roberta! I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete
  8. NewChic is amazing store but similar thing happened to me with them too :) However you really combined nicely the belt together with the romper :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it! Sizing can definitely be an issue, but I'm happy I found a way to make it work.

      Delete
  9. love your outfit, its very pretty :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really really beautiful xx

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such stunning outfits! I especially like the first one - perfectly grunge and I'm a sucker for plaid! x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, plaid is a really great print. It goes well with so many things. Thank you Sarah!

      Delete
  12. that look good you pair the red scraf with black :)

    http://christynate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like your style, dear ;)
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: AFRICAN PRINTS JUMPSUIT

    ReplyDelete
  14. The scarf is lovely. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. My package, too, this week arrived a little late but they're worth it. The quality is amazing too! I like your picks and i like how you styled it :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so annoying waiting for so long, but yes it's worth it! the quality is pretty great for the price. Thanks Shaira!

      Delete
  16. Lovely post! Cute playsuit! Thanks for sharing this! xx

    clumsyagenda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Head to toe fabulous darling! Total inspiration! Love it! Happy Monday darling!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Len! I hope you have a wonderful week as well

      Delete
  18. The clothes look very nice and I like the grungy vibe in the first outfit!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina! I didn't know if it would look grunge, but I'm glad it worked!

      Delete
  19. I absolutely ADORE your outfits *0*

    http://it-s-such-a-wonderful-life.blogspot.mk/2016/04/april-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm obsessed with oversized scarfs as well! They make the outfit look more cosy and comfortable but still chic :)

    xx Alina

    http://alinakristiblog.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oversized scarfs are such a comfortable accessory! Thanks Alina!

      Delete
  21. Woow divan outfit,jako mi se svida kako si unijela ovu crvenkastu boju u outfit. Ova torba je bas simpaticna i bas mi se svida njezin dizajn. Jako si lijepo sve skombinirala i odusevljena sam outfitom!
    beautyshapes3.blogspot.hr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't want it to be all black which is why I added the red scarf. I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  22. Awesome look :D

    www.infashionchains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool layering dear
    Lovin the stockings you added.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love wearing those fishnet tights

      Delete
  24. Love the oversized scarf here, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like how you've styled the romper so that it fits a little bitter, great idea! The colour combo of black and red works really well :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabrielle! I was pretty worried at first what I would do with it because of the sizing issue. But it worked out in the end. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  26. Beautiful post!
    I love your first look ! :)

    XX,
    Photography & Fashion Blog

    CHRISTINA KEY
    www.CHRISTINAKEY.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. So fantastic playsuit and the scarf also.
    http://glaringwaves.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you! I'm glad you like it and I will definitely check out your latest post

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you! That sounds great, I will check out your blog

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you Diana! I followed you!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Pinterest