OOTD Strut Like a Boss: A Summer Wedding Recap

10:18 PM

OOTD Strut Like a Boss - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam

Hey everyone!

As you all know, I have a little obsession with dressing up. It's so much fun to shop for the perfect outfit, find the best hairstyle and makeup look to match it, and actually wear the look. Ever since I graduated high school, I haven't had many occasions to dress up. I remember how most of the fun of school dances were from getting ready, and the rest was after the dance. Recently, I got the opportunity to dress up when I attended my cousin's wedding last weekend. 

The thing is, I love dressing up, but I hate actually sitting through occasions as such. Although it was a family wedding, there were obviously the bride and groom's friends there as well. Having to make small talk all night can be annoying. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn’t as bad as I anticipated. 

My relatives all live in Canada, and I live in Seattle. It was only a couple hours’ drive away. Because of our busy schedules, we hadn’t had the chance to visit our relatives in a while. It was nice to go to Canada for the weekend. I feel like they have better restaurants and food than back home. Although, that could just be because when I’m away from home, I’m more likely to try new things. 

Prior to the actual wedding that afternoon, we all gathered at my aunt and uncle’s house for the traditional wedding ceremonial rituals that we do in my family. It was my cousin on my dad’s side of the family who got married. Basically, the bride and groom together bow before the bride’s elders, and the groom is welcomed into the family. Then, they all go to the groom’s family and do the same, with the bride welcomed into the groom’s family. Each family member says a few words, some phrases cliche some not. There were tears of joy, and emotional hugs, and the whole atmosphere was full of nervous anticipatory energy as weddings can be. 

It was quite crowded in there, and I couldn’t get any pictures. I did get some photos of my outfit though. Priorities, am I right?

OOTD: Strut Like a Boss - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam

Black Halter Printed Skirt Outfit Inspo - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam


It wasn’t too fancy for that part of the day, so I threw on a black high-cut neckline crop top with a thick lace paneling at the hem, and paired it with a black and white printed skirt. I also had on sandals, but because I sneaked outside to the balcony for these photos, I didn’t have my shoes with me. There was a lot of photo-taking going on, and I wanted to make sure I wasn’t too over- or under-dressed. This outfit worked perfectly.

OOTD Strut like a Boss - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam

Summer Wedding look - Black Jumpsuit - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam
My sister and I
For the actual ceremony, I donned the perfect statement look that made me feel so glamorous and confident. I know I am extremely repetitive with my obsession with jumpsuits. Through a pure stroke of luck, I found one that met all my expectations (Damn that almost sounds like I found a soulmate or something. It’s just a piece of clothing. Calm down Andrea). To some extent, the jumpsuit was the highlight of the weekend. Very fitting indeed, pun intended. 

I’m crazy. You should all know that by now. After all, you’re still here, aren’t you?

OOTD Strut like a Boss Black Jumpsuit - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam


I chose to wear a jumpsuit, rather than a standard dress because it gave a more striking look that diverged from my usual outfit habits. For some, like my sister, wearing a dress is considered dressing up. But I wear skirts and dresses all the time, so I wanted to find something that was different enough to make me feel like I was actually dressing up. Plus, it was incredibly comfortable. 

The plunging v-neck neckline, slim fit of the pant legs, and solid black of the jumpsuit created an entirely different effect than the previous jumpsuit I’ve shared with you all before. This jumpsuit is sleek, sharp, and sexy. Without being overtly so, as that is just so not classy and after all this was a family wedding of course. 

Black Jumpsuit - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam

OOTD Strut Like a Boss - Black Jumpsuit Sunglasses Heels - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam
Felt so kick-ass with some shades on
I wore the jumpsuit with my purple heels to add some height and color. You’ve all seen these heels before. They aren’t anything new. These are just so comfy, and I knew I would be dressed up all day so I needed good shoes.

I did some overnight curls that gave my hair nice volume and curls. Overnight curls are the best because they take no time at all, and for me they last longer than curling my hair with heat. At first they were tight curls, but with a couple hours they loosened and bounced with ease. 

Black Jumpsuit outfit inspo - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam

French Braid Braided Ponytail with Heatless Curls - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam
A combination of French and Dutch braids into a ponytail
French Braid into Low Messy Bun - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam
Did my sister's hair as well. Loosely French braided around the nape of the neck then thrown into a low side-bun. Curled some side pieces to frame the face and done. I literally did it in 5 minutes because we ran out of time. 
Hair pulled back into a ponytail was the way to go. It gave more emphasis to the shoulders and cut of the jumpsuit, and added to the lengthened appearance as well. I always have my hair down anyways, so having my hair up definitely gave me a different look. Red lips and I was done.

I also did my sister's hair, and my mother's makeup. We underestimated the amount of time it would take to get ready. I literally did my sister's hair in the 5 minutes before we had to leave. It luckily ended up looking great and stayed intact the whole night. 

The wedding was actually quite fun. The ceremony didn’t take too long, as it was a garden wedding outside at a golf course. There were jokes made, Friends' references, and laughs all around. We spent a lot of time roaming the grounds, taking pictures by the beautiful view of the lake, and enjoying drinks from the open bar. The lack of strict formality gave a sense of ease, and made it easier to enjoy the day. 

Summer Wedding Recap - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam
Some photos from the wedding ceremony. My cousin's dress is SO gorgeous! I love the long train, and the incredibly long veil. Her veil actually flew off while she walked down because it was pretty windy out.
Shrimp and Watermelon Salad - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam

Grilled Salmon and vegetables - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam


After dinner, a photo booth was set up and we all took turns crowding in there posing with hilarious props. Maybe it was the drinks, but the photo booth ended up the biggest hit for us. My sister and I left to take photos during the speeches, laughing loudly and tuning out the sounds of their voices. That was probably rude, but hey we weren’t the only ones out there enjoying something other than the cliche words spoken by bridesmaids and groomsmen. 

Photo booth pictures with props - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam
Striking a pose while waiting for our turn for the photo booth
My love for gossiping most likely runs in the family. I’ve noticed that my relatives love to gossip and speculate who will get married next, and who will be the next to have kids. It’s quite funny actually, to eavesdrop on their conversations. Although, to be honest, that sometimes does bother me. I don’t exactly want to have kids, and I don’t even know if I would ever want to get married. But, those are expectations my relatives most likely have, so sometimes I wonder what they say about me and my sister (who’s only a couple years older than me, obviously not close to getting married yet and also on the same page as me about marriage and kids). Do you guys experience the same thing with your relatives?

On a lighter note, it was definitely a fun weekend away from school and work. Getting to dress up and attend events isn’t something I always get to do, as I’m not from the Upper East Side or the Hamptons with galas or charity functions to make an appearance at all the time (Before Grey’s, I was also addicted to Gossip Girl). 

Summer Wedding at Riverway Golf Course - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam

Riverway Golf Course Summer Wedding Recap - Andrea Tiffany A Glimpse of Glam

What do you guys think of the look? How would you have styled this jumpsuit? What do you guys like to wear at weddings? Lemme know in the comments below! 

Thank you all for reading! I wish you all a wonderful week!

Til next time,

~A

You Might Also Like

64 comments

  1. Amazing post, you look stunning in every outfit! Your sister and you really do look alike so much and the wedding couple are looking gorg! All the best!! :)xx

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vildana! Haha everyone says that about my sister and I. When we were younger people thought we were twins.
      I hope you are having a great week!

      Delete
    2. I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
      curing me from the HIV and genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or
      call/whatsapp +2348155227532
      he also have #herbs for
      #hiv/aids
      #cancerdisease
      #fibroid
      #diabetes
      #skincare infections

      Delete
  2. So chic with the jumpsuit for the wedding! And love your hairdo, gorgeous with the curls and the braid! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I adore that jumpsuit, I wish there were more occasions to wear it. I'm happy to hear you like the look!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great day! You look pretty in both outfits and your sis too. I love the draping on the jumpsuit, very stylish. I love how effortless the outfit is. I would have probably styled it the same way with some statement accessories. :)
    *Thanks for visiting/following my blog. I'm following right back, please. Have a great week. :)*

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like how with a jumpsuit the outfit is pretty much complete on its own. I didn't have time to look for some more statement accessories, but if I did I definitely would have dressed it up with some as well. Thank you Missy May!

      Delete
  4. This jumpsuit looks amazing on you.
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to get a jumpsuit... I actually own none! I have some family in Canada too!
    I've nominated you for the blogger recognition award! Check out my latest post for more details.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you should get a jumpsuit if you can! Once you do, you will want to wear it whenever you can.
      That's awesome! I love having the excuse to visit Canada whenever I can haha
      thank you for nominating me! :)

      Delete
  6. I love that jumpsuit! I only have one romper... no jumpsuits! Gorgeous look :)
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adore that jumpsuit! You look amazing! xx
    http://emilysthoughts.wixsite.com/emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfits! I really love the jumpsuit x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfits! I really love the jumpsuit x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing outfits and photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are absolutely stunning! i loved every outfit, and your hair is amazing! X

    www.britishmilan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I'm so glad to hear you like it :) Haha I had no idea what to do with my hair so I just winged it glad that worked out!

      Delete
  12. Great photos!!
    Have a nice day!
    *Carol* and xx Vero

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, I love both looks. But as much as I love jumpsuits I find them inconvenient when using the restroom. haha! Secondly, I commend you for doing your hair and your sister's! It looks lovely and glamorous. I should learn how to style my hair too. Thirdly, I love weddings too because they are very special occasions and it makes you feel like you are part of the bride and groom's lives. It makes you feel extra special. But like you, I hate having to sit through the entire occasion and be forced to do small talks to everyone. I hate small talks. I was never good at it and I find it tiring. Lastly, I love wearing dresses in weddings. Well, I love to wear dresses everyday! :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl
    YouTube
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's a struggle to wear jumpsuits because I go to the bathroom often enough that it is definitely a hassle. Learning how to style hair comes in so handy because it saves time and money! I definitely recommend practicing, also scrolling through Pinterest for ideas! Haha I have noticed you do wear dresses often on your blog! I like going to weddings for the same reason, especially when the couple is someone I'm fairly close to or know well. Thank you Jenn!

      Delete
  14. Great photos! In love with your black jumpsuit! You look so chic! Kiss

    http://chocolateglass.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the jumpsuit, lady! Cool choice!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! I hope you are having a fabulous week so far

      Delete
  16. That jumpsuit looks absolutely gorgeous :) You look so polished :) I love it! Also, the food looks amazing :) Seems like you've had an amazing time xx

    BeautyPepTalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! The food was actually very tasty and delicious. I really liked the salmon. It definitely was a lovely night

      Delete
  17. Hi Andrea! So long time for my last visit to your blog, I'm sorry!! :( I'm so busy with my work! But I promise I' ll be better! Anyway, I love the way this jumpsuit fits you and I'm in love with your hairstyle, you're so good to style the hair! *-*
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my last post, I'm so proud about the new blog theme! ^-^
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you Roberta! Thank you! I been practicing styling my hair for regular days so that when special occasions come rolling around I have some ideas up my sleeve. I hope you are doing well and that your job is good :)

      Delete
  18. Absolutely amazing look and hairstyle! The food looks sooo good! Just perfect, love your post!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cvetina! The food was really good! I sometimes don't like fancy food, but this was really tasty. Thanks!

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thank you Aly! Haha yeah weddings and stuff like this can definitely be quite awkward. But going with the right people ensures a fun time :)

      Delete
  20. great blog

    BLOGGERS chicporadnik.blogspot.co.uk
    New posts every day
    New collection

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's amazing that you had a chance to go to Canada and visit your family, your cousin's wedding dress was terrific and you also looked really stylish at that wedding ;)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't visit as much as I used to, so it is really nice to be able to go to Canada when I can. I am so obsessed with her wedding dress. It is so gorgeous, but I forgot to ask her if it was custom made or not. Thank you!

      Delete
  22. Loving the outfits, hun, that jumpsuit looks so good on you - you look like a Hollywood star! x I'm not personally a fan of weddings, and actually I have a similar mindset to you on that front - I'm not planning on getting married, and don't really want kids. I don't have a big family, it's only my parents really and they're not really bothered by that thankfully, haha. I really love how you styled your outfits hun, you really are a fashion inspiration! Glad you had a good time, the food looks super yummy also. :) <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Kay! I felt so sassy and boss (hence the title) but you know that meme where how you think you look isn't how you actually look? Haha
      I feel like weddings can be fun and magical, but also quite boring and awkward. I'm not the type to run up and hope to catch the bouquet like in those movies. It's nice that your parents understand. Mine are still thinking that maybe this is just my naive thinking talking haha
      Thanks Kay! I'm glad you like it

      Delete
  23. Love the jumpsuits, and I especially love your jumpsuit enthusiasm- I think it's perfectly plausible for a jumpsuit to be a soulmate!
    farah x
    www.vatkinary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha who need a guy when you have a closetful of jumpsuits to choose from? :) Thank you Farah!

      Delete
  24. Those are some gorgeous outfits at a beautiful wedding! Looks like it was a lot of fun as well! :)

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bunch of fun once the photo booth was rolled out. We couldn't stop piling on costume jewelry and props for the pictures. Thanks Stephanie!

      Delete
  25. Nice post! I absolutely love your outfit, jumpsuit looks really cute on you. Photos are amazing, I wish i could try all that food bcs it seems pretty delicious :)
    Make sure to check out my new post: www.shoppingholic-dreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was really delicious! I am normally pretty wary of fancy food because I feel like they aren't always that great, but it was really good at the wedding. Thank you! Wearing that jumpsuit was the highlight of the wedding for me haha

      Delete
  26. Estás guapísima, me encanta el look!! https://bohoclosetblog.com/2016/08/19/canotier-y-bolso-de-rafia/

    ReplyDelete
  27. looks amazing !
    http://www.udressme.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Demilla! And yes, I like meeting fellow bloggers and finding new blogs to follow and read :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. weded ball dresses australia reviews

    weded mother of bride dress nz reviews

    weded high low dresses prom reviews

    weded bay of plenty wedding dresses reviews

    Do you have a plan for wedding? Do you surprised by the high price of wedding dresses? Come to have a look. It will not make you disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great blog!! sharing best knowledge of photography and continue sharing your experience with us. I Must say go check out Shyla Marie photography Her work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

  31. Some of the stylish marriage separation advice that I've heard is this Treat your partner the way you want to be treated.
    Marriage Separation Platform

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Pinterest