Not only did I have a relaxing weekend because of Thanksgiving, something else pretty awesome happened as well recently. I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely, Roberta Romeo . A huge thanks to Roberta for nominating me! I really appreciate it, and it means a lot. Definitely check out her blog, she posts about really interesting stuff!
I don't know how many of you were following and reading back when this blog first started, but I have coincidentally been nominated a few other times before as well. I started this blog back in the beginning of 2014. Since then, this blog has gone through some MAJOR changes, including the rebirth of sorts that resulted in the blog you all know of today. Not only has this blog changed, but I think I, myself, have changed a bit as well since then.
If you are curious to read, here are the posts for the previous times I had been nominated: Liebster Award and Liebster Award: Part 2.
Here are my answers to Roberta's questions:
1. What are your winter essentials?
Definitely a big warm coat, I get super cold easily!
Fuzzy socks, for the same reason.
A moisturizing lip balm, usually I go for Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm
Any shimmery jewel-toned eyeshadow hues, I especially love wearing jewel colors in the winter
2. What do you wear when you want to be comfortable?
When I am at home, I always go for a comfy pair of pajamas, fuzzy socks, and a soft hoodie
For a presentable outfit that's still comfortable, I like to wear an oversize cardigan, scarf, and leggings.
3. What's your ideal makeup for holidays?
For the holidays, I like gold eyeshadow on the top lid, a plum shadow swept below the lower lashline, violet eyeliner done in a casual cat-eye, with a maroon-red lip color.
4. What do you do when you want to relax?
I relax by reading my favorite blogs, watching Netflix, catching up on watching YouTube videos, or listening to my favorite album of the moment on repeat. I typically have a cup of tea in hand as well, that always helps me feel cozy, warm and relaxed!
5. What's the makeup product you cannot live without?
It would either be my brow pencil, by the brand Beautique which I got at Sally's Beauty Supply for a really good cheap price!
Or l'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lashes Waterproof Mascara. Those two are holy grails for me!
6. If you could go on a vacation, where would you go?
I desperately want to visit Italy and France! It has always been a huge dream of mine to go one day. But not just for a short while, I want to go long enough to see all the touristy places, landmarks, AND experience them as locals would. After taking so many art history classes at university, I want to see the artworks and beautiful architecture firsthand! All that would take at least a good month or so. That's a lot of money.
7. What are your favorite topics on the blogs you read?
I love reading "favorites" on blogs, new food recipes or foods to try, and rants on random topics!
8. Do you have a beauty secret?
If I told you, I would have to kill you. Haha just kidding! Or am I?
Okay, don't tell anyone, but my beauty secret is to in any way possible, incorporate virgin cold-pressed unrefined coconut oil into your life! Coconut oil is so hydrating and soothing for the skin. It also smells wonderful! When eaten, it provides your body with good healthy fats, and nutrients.
I just really love coconut oil!
9. What's your favorite app on your phone?
That would either have to be Pinterest, I am super obsessed with it for some reason. It's addicting!
Or it would be Overdrive because that connects to my library account, and I download e-books to read when I get bored.
10. What's on your list for Santa?
A nice clutch I can use on-the-go would be nice, rather than carrying a heavy purse.
A fur-trimmed moto jacket because leather is edgy and awesome
Urban Decay Naked 3 palette (I still have yet to try it!)
1. Thank the person who nominated you and comment on their blog.
2. Link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 10 bloggers for this award, and notify them.
4. Answer the 10 questions you were asked, and create more for the 10 bloggers you nominated to answer.
5. Include the rules in your post.
These are the questions I came up with:
1. Name your top three ultimate favorite songs of all time.
2. If you could only use one brand (makeup) or wear one brand (clothes) for the rest of your life, which would it be?
3. What's your favorite holiday drink?
4. If you could trade lives with a celebrity for a week, who would it be?
5. Name your favorite book.
6. What is one food you absolutely cannot stand?
7. What is one thing you really want to learn to do?
8. Where is the ideal place you would like to live when you retire?
9. What about the holidays are you looking forward to this year?
10. What's the one thing you really wish to accomplish with your blog?
I tag the following to participate!
Again, thank you so much Roberta for nominating me! This was really fun to do!
I also extend the tag to everyone else I didn't mention! Answer the questions in the comments below! I would love to learn more about you!
Thank you very much for reading, and I wish you all a wonderful day!