Guest Post: Finding the Perfect Skincare Products: 5 Things You Should Consider

9:15 PM


Hey everyone!

Skincare is definitely an important thing we should all really take into consideration. With the overwhelming use of technology these days, there are new skin issues like "tech neck" to worry about. Gotta find ways to avoid any and all additional skin problems that might exasperate what nature already does. Today, I've got a guest post to share with you all written by Zara, who writes of really helpful skincare tips in this post. Hope you all enjoy!

~ ~ ~

Finding the Perfect Skincare Products: 5 Things You Should Consider

Our skin’s appearance reflects just how well we take care of ourselves: it can reveal our eating habits, the level of hydration, restfulness, even our mental state. In order for your skin to stay healthy and attractive, you have to take care of it both on the inside and on the outside. While giving your body what it needs comes naturally (with proper nutrition and optimal water intake), you may be puzzled about how to choose the right products in order to provide it with nutrients on the outside, too. With thousands of different skincare lines on the market, how in the world are you supposed to choose the right ones? Here are five things you need to think through before filling up your beauty drawer with new products. 

Determine your skin type 

Knowing your skin type is the key to finding the right products. The easiest way to determine yours is by simply washing your face and letting it air dry. After two hours, go to the mirror and write down how your skin feels. If it doesn’t itch or feel any different than before, your skin type is normal. If it’s shiny, your skin type is oily and you’re unfortunately prone to blemishes and breakouts. If your skin feels tightened, you have dry skin. If your skin reacted in all the described ways in different areas of your face, you have combined skin. Most of the beauty products have the type of skin they’re intended for displayed on their packages, so it shouldn’t be too hard to find the right one.

Mind the seasonal change

Your skin reacts to external influences such as air humidity, temperature, sunshine, the wind, etc. This means you cannot stick to one beauty routine throughout the whole year but you should adapt it to the current season. Rotate your beauty products in order to respond to your skin’s needs. How does your skin feel? Is it unpleasantly tightened, does it look dull or ashy? In the winter, skin is more prone to damage and can get extra dry: that’s why you need to make sure it’s well hydrated. Use heavy moisturizers, face masks with natural ingredients, and remove your makeup with cleansing milk instead of wiping tissues. With spring, exfoliating is a must, as well as using the SPF products. Summer is all about using light formulas, whereas fall can be stressful for your skin with its harsh cold, so focus on products that help your skin restore its natural oils.

Ingredients and potential allergies

The results of a recent U.S. survey showed that 54% of women find it important that their beauty products are all natural. This beauty trend is definitely gaining its momentum, with various chemical-free products on the market. Take your time to read the list of ingredients on the products, especially if you have some allergies. There are many beneficial natural components: if you cannot find the suitable 100% organic ones, opt for the formulas that are enriched with natural ingredients.

Beauty habits and your age

If you’re a lazy girl that’s not likely to change, choose the products that suit your lifestyle and beauty habits. This means you don’t need hundreds of different face washes, creams, toners, etc, but rather invest in simple multipurpose products you’ll actually use. Your age is also an important factor: anti-age formulas are very different from the regular ones.

Ethical aspects

Do you care about animal welfare or you feel comfortable with buying animal-tested products? Does the sustainability of beauty products mean anything to you, or are you not really shaken by how the beauty industry is impacting the environment? What’s your attitude towards the idea of fair-trade? These are some of the questions you need to think through before finding your skincare products.
With taking into consideration these five things, finding the perfect skincare shouldn’t be a problem. However, it might take a while: be patient and try out different brands until you find the one that suits you the best.

~ ~ ~
I hope you all enjoy reading this guest post! Share in the comments below your top tips for skincare! How do you choose which skincare products to use for your skin type? Lemme know in the comments below because I love gaining more skincare secrets!

Thank you all for stopping by and reading! I hope you are all having a lovely week so far! 


Til next time,
~A

You Might Also Like

51 comments

  1. These are such great skincare tips- and remind me to break out the more intense moisturizers once the fall/winter dry air settles in!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have to switch up my products for the upcoming colder months too! I'll have to remember intense hydrating moisturizers too! Thank you Ashley!

      Delete
  2. Knowing your skin type is so important! I just realized what my type was, and it's made such a big difference in my routine!

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's amazing how just knowing what type it is can make a difference. I now don't have to blindly buy products hoping they work. Thanks Stephanie!

      Delete
  3. These are such great tips! Need to start applying some of these!
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an excellent post! I'm finding that my skin is changing quite a bit as I age, so that tip really struck a chord with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how different my skin is from just a few years ago! I like how my routine is more or less still pretty simple, but it has changed alot as well. Thanks Kasie!

      Delete
  5. great tips!
    thank you for sharing with us
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing these tips. Keeping your skin type and weather in mind, always helps!



    Come visit us soon
    xx
    Makeup, Style and Sugar
    https://simpliannie.wordpress.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/ankitabardhan/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ankita! It definitely helps alot to know what you're working with :)

      Delete
  7. Such great skincare tips :) xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knowing your skin type, as well as any potential allergies are really important things to consider when putting together a skincare regime, I agree :) As soon as I realised I had combination skin, I had far better luck finding a moisturiser that worked as I wanted it to! Great tips, hope you're having a lovely week :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allergies are a big one for me! I've experienced allergic reactions in the past and it's not fun recovering from them! It's so nice knowing how your skin reacts and what it needs. Thanks Gabrielle! I hope you are having a wonderful week as well

      Delete
  9. I totally agree with you Andrea, skin care is an important thing and to keep in mind all these advice can help our skin so much and prevent any problems or troubles!
    So thanks for sharing this post darling! ^-^
    xoxo
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to prevent future problems from arising and to avoid any issues! I want to grow older and not regret the things I've done to my skin haha thank you Roberta!

      Delete
  10. So nice! Thanks for sharing.

    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Good skincare really is an investment. Getting enough sleep and drinking plenty of water make a HUGE difference too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sleep is such a big factor! I really notice a change in my complexion when I've actually slept enough! It really helps alot. Thanks Chelsey!

      Delete
  12. Great tips. i like that you cited ethical aspects. People don't always think about that but it is so important.
    Thank you for sharing Andrea :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sauniya! I agree, thinking of the ethics behind things is definitely really important, considering how many of our skincare and cosmetic products are tested on animals and such.

      Delete
  13. I love this post! These are some great tips... I usually take care of all these things, but seasonal change is not really something I do... Once I find the best product ever, I stick to it :D x

    BeautyPepTalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, if I know it works I hesitate to try out new things because I fear that they won't work as well. But changing things up based on weather definitely does make a difference, I've recently been doing that and it helps! Thanks Kelly!

      Delete
  14. Your blog is wonderful and I am following you.
    I would be happy to have you follow back -
    it is fun to support new bloggers!
    Best wishes, Mimi
    http://inmyprimetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi! I'll be sure to check out your blog as well :)

      Delete
  15. Thankfully I know my skin type now, but man I wish I had seen something like this in high school, these would have been great to know! I actually don't notice the seasonal changes too much with my skin (or maybe my skin does act up and I'm just completely oblivious) but either way it's not something I change up my routine for unless it's adding spf haha. I do love that all natural skincare is making its rise, that's always a good thing!

    Sam | My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad for blogs and videos that share skincare tips as well! Before, when I first started getting into this stuff I relied on reading reviews from random forums and such. But now it's so much easier to get information on and learn about this stuff. I really like the natural skincare thing as well, I like how there's so much more to choose from now! Thank you Sam!

      Delete
  16. Awesome tips Andrea!! Thanks for sharing!!
    ♥☻♥☻♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne! I'm glad you like them!

      Delete
  17. Wonderful post!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the tipps ! <3

    http://makeyourperfectstyle.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely guest post, thanks for sharing all those useful tips! Personally, I like to keep my skincare routine quite simple. I find that using too many skincare products at once causes my skin to break out, as it is quite sensitive and I have to be careful about what I put on my face! I do have a few staples that I couldn't do without, but basically anything for oily skin types, I'm willing to try because my skin get so oily it's ridiculous! I'd also like to try and be more mindful of the ethical issues, as I do believe that they are important and should be considered when purchasing products. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you're having a fab weekend! <3 x x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get nervous using too many products because I fear there will be a reaction. I try to be wary of ethical issues as well because I can't bear to use something if it was produced in a way that is harmful to the environment. But it can be limiting at times. It's nice to know more companies are enforcing this idea because it's a growing issue. Thank you for your lovely comment Kay! I hope you are having a wonderful week so far

      Delete
  20. I love skincare and it plays an important role in my morning and night routine. These are great tips, need to start paying more attention to ingredients.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina! Ingredients are a great thing to be mindful of. a lot of products are nearly identical in ingredients, and some are so bad for our skin.

      Delete
  21. Great tips thanks for sharing them. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! That is such an important step to really make sure we don't waste money on stuff that wont work haha I've been there done that

      Delete
  23. Great skin care tips! i definitely am against testing on animals but definitely need to do more research on what companies do and don't! Lovely post. Have a great week love <3

    Kayla xo // Kayla's Vibration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard sometimes to find things that work that are ethical and such. I agree, I also really want to turn more towards natural products. In the long run it would be way more beneficial! Thank you Kayla!

      Delete
  24. omg very nice tips!! My skin would be perfect after that<3
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: WORKING GIRL TRENDY OUTFIT
    NEW POST: BOMBER, SNEAKERS AND ROAD TRIP

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply stunning! Great styling as always! Happy Sunday!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Pinterest

Follow by Email

Google+ Badge