New Year's Fashion Resolutions Inspired by Farfetch

12:38 AM

2016 new years resolutions


Hey everyone!

Crazy to think, but 2015 is slowly coming to a close for us. Can you believe just a few short months ago we were thinking about the new year and all the things we want to do differently with our lives? Yeah, that time has come upon us yet again! That's right. It's New Year's Resolutions time.

2015 has been one heck of a year for me. There have been many ups and downs. To ensure the coming year will be an amazing one, I have come up with 5 new year's resolutions to aspire to live by. Five fashion resolutions, that is. And all of the following were inspired by Farfetch products.

~My Fashion Aspirations for 2016~


new years resolutions be an achiever
Be An Achiever
One of my top new year's resolutions, fashion and in general, is to actually accomplish the goals I set  for myself. Oftentimes, we aspire to be a version of ourselves we fail to meet because the goals we set are too far to be achieved. This coming year, I want to actually meet those goals. I don't want to keep making so many empty promises for myself.

I always say how much I love wearing hats, and how glamorous and elegant they make me feel. Yet, I have never purchased one that made me feel that way. I always go for things that are more practical, things I know I would wear on a daily basis. I keep saying things that I never really do. I want to stop doing that. This look above was essentially inspired by that ongoing thought. I chose a beautiful hat in a dark blue hue, one that reflects my constantly ignored desire to wear a hat that makes me feel glamorous. I paired it with a bold red dress because I felt that it really complemented the hat, adding to the glamorous feel. The small black cross-body bag is yet another item that I keep saying I will get one day, and never do. Overall, this look is very chic and elegant, and reflects my desire to actually fulfill the promises I make to myself this coming year.


new years resolutions be daring
Be Daring
Ladies (and gentlemen), I am not the most daring person out there. I gotta clarify that before you guys start thinking I am some adventurous go-getter. Because I'm not. I tend to go for the things that I feel most comfortable with. Yeah, that's human nature to do so. But it doesn't mean I want to live my life that way.

I want to be more daring and adventurous. This most definitely includes the way I dress. I love the look of crop tops, but never dare to wear them because I get self-conscious over the midriff exposure. I don't get how Taylor Swift does it!! I would constantly be covering up my belly. But this coming year, I want to be more daring with my outfits, and wear things I never wore because I never had the guts to do so. I want to step out of my comfort zone. Just a bit at a time. Baby steps, ya know? 


new years resolutions be simple
Be Simple
Another fashion resolution I have is to be more conscious of the clothes I am wearing. In other words, I don't want to rely on accessories and stuff to make the outfit a statement. Let's go back to basics and resist the temptation to over-accessorize. That doesn't mean I currently over-accessorize per se, but that means to focus more on how each individual clothing item speaks for itself, using only what's necessary to create the look. 

This look I came up with consists only of an asymmetrical dress and booties. I love how classic the look is. Such a fresh, classic and minimalistic look. I'm really in love with this one. The asymmetrical look of the dress keeps the dress looking modern, yet the fit of it is very classic. The boots are of a beautiful camel color, which gives a very elegant look. But the open-toe adds a little something extra. It is chic without trying too hard. It isn't overly flashy. A simple pair of earrings could complete the look, but isn't necessary because the dress and booties are enough on their own. That's the kind of look I'm going for, paying more attention on how the clothes can create a statement without relying on quantity to create a look.


new years resolutions be experimental
Be Experimental
This coming 2016, I want to be more experimental with my looks. This is different from being daring because I want to be more creative with what I wear. I want to be more creative in my life in general as well. Let's not settle for the easy route. Taking the easy path may get you to where you need to be, but won't get you to where you want to be. There's a difference. 

I want to embrace my creative side and really go that extra mile, putting in effort where it counts. I really like how this outfit consists of a jumpsuit with beautifully embellished heels. This would be a great look for a special event. But, the fact that it isn't a dress demonstrates how I am being more creative with my look. Why go the easy route of wearing a dress to feel dolled up, when you can wear something unique like a jumpsuit? 



new years resolutions be yourself
Be Yourself
The last fashion aspiration I am sharing today is the resolution to dress to impress...yourself. Fashion is a way to express yourself through clothing. Yet, we always feel the need to care more about what society thinks, without taking into account how we feel about our appearances. I want to dress for myself, not for others. The looks I go for are to make me feel beautiful. It isn't to earn compliments (though compliments don't hurt). It is to reflect something of myself. I should dress how I want, and how I feel best fits. Who cares what other's think? If we are happy, then that should be all that matters.

I love how this dress has such a fun pattern to it. The black and white geometric shapes really looks unique and different. The fit and style of the dress isn't particularly provocative. It isn't something designed to get guys, but something to make you feel pretty. The bold red purse adds a pop of color to the look. None of it was created with the intent to get people to like it, but was to reflect my desire to have fun with fashion. I want to remember that though it is a societal norm to care about what other's think, I should focus more on what makes me feel good and happy. 


These are my five fashion aspirations for the upcoming year. 2015 has been a long, albeit memorable ride. Let's make 2016 just as amazing, if not better. 

I really hope you enjoyed them. Lemme know in the comments below what you thought!


Til next time,
~A


(all images from Farfetch.com)
This was in collaboration with Farfetch.com as part of a competition to win a voucher, but all opinions are my own.

You Might Also Like

63 comments

  1. You've done this resolution post so nicely, Andrea. These looks complement each of your resolutions perfectly!

    I definitely want to be more experimental with my looks as well as learn to go back to the basics!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks May! I'm really happy to hear that the looks I came up with reflected their respective resolutions.
      Being experimental is definitely one of the top ones of the five because it really conveys personality and individuality. Hopefully 2016 will be the year for both of us!

      Delete
  2. i think that red dress look pretty!

    http://christynate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It's so simple, yet I think it's the fit of it that makes it stand out. Plus bright red dresses are so eye catching in my opinion :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful selection!
    Have a nice week!
    Photographer Gil Zetbase
    http://www.gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gil! I hope you have a wonderful day :)

      Delete
  4. Great post! Love it! Every pic looks great. Favourite thing in this post is that beautiful bag,ahh *--*


    New outfit post here <3 ---> beautyshapes3.blogspot.hr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! That bag is to die for! Just got to find a way to get enough money for it haha :)
      Glad you like it!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Good to hear that I've got company! Fingers crossed we will carry through with these resolutions :P

      Delete
  6. Lovely post and great ideas (:
    Have a great day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madalena! I'm happy to hear you like it!

      Delete
  7. I really like your post :)

    Here’s my new post Never goes out of Fashion Come Have a look :)

    Follow me on Google Plus

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen to being yourself! Really nice job with the challenge, Andrea! I loved your resolutions!

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your interpretation of 'Be Daring' is so gorgeous, that black top is undoubtedly daring - though perfect in appearance too! I hope you have a lovely week ahead :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle! That top is definitely not something for everyday wear, but it is gorgeous indeed. I would love to be able to pull off something like that!
      Thanks for reading, I hope you have a wonderful day as well :)

      Delete
  10. Nice selection, dear! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    The Style Beast,
    http://www.thestylebeasts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need that red dress. It is so prefect. Thanks for pointing it out babe!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on my wishlist for sure :) Glad you like it as well! Thanks for reading Merel!

      Delete
  12. I can use some if those resolutions! Let's not give up and actually achieve!
    Thestyletune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great inspirations. Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. the version with the red dress is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's fine!!!

    Have a great day!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I hope you have a wonderful day as well :)

      Delete
  17. Great ideas doll!
    xoxo

    Johanna ♥
    http://www.dreamscolorsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some great resolutions :) I also want to experiment more with fashion !

    xo
    https://stylehue.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let's make it our goal to accomplish this coming year :)

      Delete
  19. Great selection, Andrea! I posted my fashion resolutions as well! You can check them out @ carolinevsworld.com :)

    xoxo,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! And yess I will for sure check out your post as well :)

      Delete
  20. Great post! I love New years resolutions, but I'm not thinking about mine yet!
    xx
    SASHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! Yeah, it was kind of early because we've still got ten days of 2015 left, crazy to think huh?

      Delete
  21. Great Post!♥ I love FARFETCH! Good luck:-)
    Melina
    www.melinaalt.de

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love what you wrote about over-accessorizing. I definitely want to start investing in some quality basics that will last. Basics are what make up classic wardrobes that still look great decades later. Awesome list! :)

    XO Raquel
    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that is a point I didn't even think of, Raquel! So very true
      Glad you like it :))

      Delete
  23. Thank you! That's really sweet of you to say :)
    Thanks for leaving your link, I'll check it out! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your selection of looks Andra! That jumpsuit is fabulous!!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne! The leather of the jumpsuit really speaks to me, it's on my wishlist!
      I'm glad you like it :))

      Delete
  25. I like 3 one, and shoes are so nice.
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If you want, than follow me, and let me know in comments, so I can follow you back with pleasure.

    We can follow each other on Instagram @andjela.dujovic, let me know in the comments so I can follow you back.

    http://bekleveer.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking those shoes as well! They are definitely on my wishlist :P
      Sure, that sounds great! I'll check out your site and let you know! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  26. Your New Year's fashion resolutions are great! Absolutely love every item in your selection!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great picks, doll!
    Here's to a fashionable 2016!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Can't wait to see what 2016 will bring :) Thanks for reading Ashley!

      Delete
  28. I want to be more experimental too and don't be shy in outfit combinations! ^-^
    I really love your fashion resolutions and those shoes you propose are so stunning dear! ^-^
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Being more experimental is something I've been trying out and want to continue trying. I'm happy to hear you like them Roberta! And yess those shoes are so pretty, I wish I had them!

      Delete
  29. Lovely outfits! I look forward your posts in the upcoming year! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow a new year's fashion resolution, def never thought about that. but all the picks that you have styled are really something I could potentially see myself in once I lose a couple of pounds. hehe. that's why taylor swift can bare it all, shes so skinny. when I saw her in person I was like OMG...I want her body. lol. but I can def go for the heels now.

    geri

    http://everydaylivingnyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fashion resolutions in a way reflect some of my general resolutions as well because I dress how I feel. I would love to wear those outfits as well, if I somehow could afford it haha
      She is soo skinny! Body envy for sure! I saw her live as well when she was on tour. She was really good live! Pretty cool to hear that you saw her live as well
      Thanks for reading Geri!

      Delete
  31. I wanna start being more adventurous (fashion wise) as well! Love this post.

    -Andie

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Pinterest