OOTD Black Lace Black Coat and Pre-Study Session Lunch Date

9:52 PM

OOTD Black Lace Black Coat

Hey everyone!

As promised, I am sharing with you guys one of the new coats I purchased on Black Friday a couple weeks ago. I am in LOVE with this coat, the style and fit and just everything! It is so beautiful and chic, and makes me feel very put-together. I really like how it goes with a lot of my clothes. Of course, it is black, which definitely helps a lot when putting together outfit.

As you guys know already, finals have been going on for me this past week. My apologies for not posting in the past couple days!! Life has been crazy, with lot's to do and lot's going on. I have been studying nonstop the past several days. I woke up early for class, and went to bed late each night due to studying. I was running on 5 1/2 to 6 hours of sleep all week long!

On top of that, I suddenly had to cover an opening shift. And since I work at Starbucks, an opening shift is very early. Like crack of dawn early. As in, I woke up at 4 am. And for someone who thinks that 6am is early? Yeah, I wasn't a happy camper.

All the same, it was a good experience opening because I had never done that before. I try to avoid waking up early as much as I can, especially during the school year when I am already stressed and exhausted 24/7. But, I found that opening requires WAYYY less stuff to do than closing. Maybe waking up early has it's perks?

Anyways, the other day, my friend, Sabrina, and I were cramming for our art history final. We were frantically studying and preparing for the exam that we felt like we were doomed to fail. Art history is a wonderful and interesting class, don't get me wrong. In fact, I'm growing to love it so much I'm planning on minoring in it. I like how it has opened up my mind to see things around me in a different way. I feel more educated now. Learning art history is very intriguing, as it allows you to discover the stories behind different things and how/why certain art styles developed and came to be what we now know. But, it is a pain in the derriere to study for because of all the stuff that is crammed into our brains in a matter of 10 weeks. 10 weeks worth of knowledge that we have to regurgitate out in a 90 minute highly-structured and timed test.

Back to my point, I integrated my new black coat into my wardrobe and this is the outfit I wore on this particular day Sabrina and I studied together.

black raincoat

black raincoat outfit

I really love how this coat looks. The length is perfect. I can sit on a bench and not feel the cold, wet metal under my butt. The hood actually fits over my head! I can FINALLY feel like I don't have a large head, which is how I felt with one of my old coats because of the smaller hood. 

black raincoat outfit with maroon skirt and black fishnets

OOTD how I style black lace
For some reason, I really love this photo. Maybe it's because I'm laughing really hard. Or maybe it's because the wind blew my coat up in a way that brings to mind a particular photo of Marilyn Monroe.

Underneath this coat, I wore a black lace sweater, which I love because of how the lace has such a subtle and simple design. I had on a blue camisole underneath because I didn't want to dress racy in class. That's not how I do things.

I paired the black sweater with a maroon colored bodycon skirt, with a pair of black fishnets underneath. I really love wearing fishnets, especially ones that have cool designs and patterns on them. I love how a pair of great patterned tights can add so much to an otherwise plain skirt.

black lace sweater

black lace sweater outfit




I really love how this look turned out. There is so much black, and yet there are a few pops of color here and there with the blue peeking out from underneath, and the maroon of the skirt adding a little something extra.

Before my friend and I went to go study, we decided to go grab a late lunch. We didn't know where to go, and browsed on the internet for places within walking distance we could go to. We finally found this Japanese/Korean/Hawaiian restaurant that was nearby, and not too pricey. The food was pretty good! The portions were HUGE! We ended up getting an entree and splitting it. An entree came with one main dish, plus two sides of your choice. And the portions were so much, had we gotten halves of our own, it wouldn't have been as worth it. University students know how to be frugal where it counts, am I right?

impromptu lunch date
All this food for only two people. We ate it all. Every bite.

asian fusion restaurant

french fries
French fries. Because why not?

kimchi
Kimchi.
The entree came with two sides, and we ordered kimchi as an extra to look less cheap because we were already sharing. Plus kimchi tastes good. If you like spicy fermented foods.
Comment down below if you like kimchi as well!

korean style spare ribs
Some type of a spare ribs dish that was pretty good! I'm normally not a big meat-eater but it was pretty tasty.
It was a pretty fun adventure. We weren't normal. Normal people would go to the nearest Chipotle and then eat while studying. No. We aren't like that. We decided to waste time finding a restaurant, walking there, choosing food, taking pictures of the food for Instagram (cuz why not?), taking our time eating for an hour or so, and walking back. Yep! You could call it a waste of time, or you could call it time well spent because it distracted us from the stress we had worrying about finals.

All those photos above? My friend Sabrina chose that location. We were walking past some random alley, and she jokingly pointed to it saying that that was where the restaurant was. Down past some sketchy alley. And then she had this thought that it would be funny to take some photos there because it looked different and interesting. So that's why we did!

Normally I take photos near random trees and stuff, but this was a nice spot for some OOTD pictures. Despite how weird it was. There were literally hobos passing by, and the sky was darkening quickly after awhile.


hair and makeup of the day
Ponytail with curled hair, and a simple glowy makeup look for the day. 
OOTD black lace black coat maroon skirt outfit

Anyways, that final is now done and over with! I still got a couple more things to do before I can finally relax for the holidays! School is a huge stress-inducer, but that's what keeps me goin. Once I'm done with finals, I will finally have time to do some other things I've been planning to do for awhile now. Like post the recipe of the apple pie I mentioned before. Or do some holiday looks.

Ugh school. Ughhh life.

Y'all get me, right?

Lemme know in the comments below what you thought of my outfit! How would you style this black coat? Do you like wearing black lace?

Do you guys like eating at asian fusion restaurants as well? Comment down below!

Thank you for reading, and I wish you all a wonderful week!


Til next time,
~A

You Might Also Like

100 comments

  1. Very nice3 look http://bysinkj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your edgy chic look
    You rock those stockings.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :) glad to know I was able to pull them off! I was worried about it being a bit much

      Delete
  3. Beautiful outfit!

    www.brooklynglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute look, it would be great for the holidays as well :)

    avec danielle | holiday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool outfit ♥
    Melina
    www.melinaalt.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pics so much!:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice look :) I love your tights!!

    I'm a new reader here, maybe we can follow each other?
    My blog: http://worldismagiiic.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes that sounds great! I'll check out your blog :) thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty outfit Andrea! I love how the lace tights look with the boots! ;)
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful look and the food looks delicious.

    Xoxo from Berlin
    Valentina | DAILY SUIT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valentina! And the food was really delicious :))

      Delete
  10. love the coat. the ootd looks awesome as well. I don't think I ever dressed as nice as you going to school. lol. I swear I was always in sweats and hoodies. lol. I didn't even wear makeup...haha. but yes school was such a huge stressor. so take the time and find those random restaurants and take those pics for instagram. wish I had instgram back in the day. omg I feel so old now. lol. and awesome you work at starbucks. I love all the holiday drinks right now.

    geri

    http://everydaylivingnyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geri! Haha yeah I like dressing up for school because you never know who you might run into ;P Plus it helps me not fall asleep in class when I don't dress as lazily
      I definitely will continue doing so :) finding new places to eat really helps with the stress
      Hahaha yeah that's how I feel seeing 10 yrs olds with iphones!
      The holiday drinks are all so good! I like them better than the fall drinks
      thanks for reading!

      Delete
  11. You look great! I love those stockings + boots! you look beautiful. That food looks to die for also.Have an amazing week!
    Lots of love,
    Kayla Xxx
    www.kaylasvibrations.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayla! The food was definitely really good and worth the money!
      Hope you have a great day as well :)

      Delete
  12. Love your outfit, so pretty and on the point (: x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great look dear! I like your skirt very much! - That colour looks great on you! :)
    The boots are also very stylish! :)
    The photographs with your smiley face are so cute! :) ♥♥

    XX,
    Photography & Fashion Blog

    CHRISTINA KEY
    www.ChristinaKey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina!
      Hahaha and thank you, my friends have this running joke about me looking like a chipmunk because of my cheeks :)
      thanks for reading! hope you have a wonderful day

      Delete
  14. I love your coat, so amazing!! And I like how you styled it!
    I agree with you, Art history is a very interesting class, I studied it for some years at Uni. DO you work at Starbucks? So cool! *-*
    HAve a lovely day dear :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roberta!
      That's so cool to hear that you studied it as well! I'm thinking of taking more art history classes in the coming quarters because I like it so much.
      Working at Starbucks is pretty fun, we get really good benefits as well!
      thanks for reading! I hope you have a wonderful day :))

      Delete
  15. that black coat and black lace look great!
    and i love your boots :)

    http://christynate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope your finals went really well - I'd imagine you're looking forward to catching up on some sleep now! I like the plum colour of your skirt :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They went pretty well, now I'm just anxiously waiting on the grades! And yess I am definitely happy about the time I got to relax now that the quarter's over!
      Thanks Gabrielle! :)

      Delete
  17. Awesome outfit, Andrea - super edgey. All that food looks so yummy >_< .


    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! Good to know I can pull off edgy, I was worried about that at first
      And yess the food was really good!
      thanks for reading! I hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  18. Great post! I'm really in to lace tights at the moment. Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma! And yess it's the same for me, I'm really loving wearing these kinds of patterned tights lately as well!

      Delete
  19. I love those tights! I think you look so put together and I'd totally wear this. :)

    XO Raquel
    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raquel! And I think you would definitely pull this off as well :)

      Delete
  20. Cool post! Love your outfit!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That coat is AMAZING! It fits perfectly on you and you are rocking it!! I am in serious need of a good fall/early winter jacket and this definitely inspired me! I also LOVE the tights as well!


    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I'm really glad you like it and that it provided inspiration for you :)
      thanks for reading :) have a great day!

      Delete
  22. This is too cute. Can't get over the tights, in love!

    -Andie
    puppies-and-popcorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm glad you like it! And I can't help but notice we got the same first name :)

      Delete
  23. Lovely post dear! You look gorgeous)
    Maybe we could follow each other on GFC? If yes, follow me and I follow back as soon as I see it.
    Let me know with a comment on my Blog pinkrabbitbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You're so sweet :) And sure that sounds great, I will check out your blog. Thanks for leaving your link!

      Delete
  24. Such a cute outfit-you look so pretty! I really love those tights and lunch looked so tasty! Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful day!

    www.laurenfarrellny.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! And the lunch was very delicious indeed. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day as well :)

      Delete
  25. Hello Andrea,
    I am absolutely loving your coat! Such an amazing piece for the wardrobe - fits every occasion. I need to get myself one like this.
    And the food looks so amazing. I have been ill now for few days (did not even have energy for my blog) but finally I am feeling better.
    And kimchi I heard is supposed to have absolutely amazing properties for your gut! So you basically did something good for yourself eating that meal;)
    xx


    http://potsofsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathaliya! Yess this coat has been fully integrated in my wardrobe, there are so many outfits I can wear with it! You should definitely get one as well!
      I'm sorry to hear bout that. I really hope you are okay now!
      I heard that as well, something about probiotics and stuff in fermented food? Not sure, but either way you're right, it was a good idea putting off studying for awhile to go out for lunch hahaha :)

      Delete
  26. Hey dear! :)
    Thank you very much for your nice comment! ♥

    XX,
    Photography & Fashion Blog

    CHRISTINA KEY
    www.CHRISTINAKEY.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Christina! I always enjoy reading your blog as well :)

      Delete
  27. In love with ur tights!
    Thestyletune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your tights!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the color and style of this outfit, makes you look fab! Also that restaurant looks and sounds sooo good!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yess that restaurant had really good food :)

      Delete
  30. Nice post also i would love i if you visit my blog and follow my social pages
    aminaayub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And sure, I'll check out your blog. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  31. Oh, sounds like you've had a super busy week! Good luck in your finals, I'm sure you will do AMAZING!! :) I picked up Art History in college, also - it was a fascinating subject! I didn't think too much of it at first, but it really helped me open my mind more and look at things from a different perspective. :) And I absolutely adore your outfit - that mini skirt is so fab! <3 The food looks super yummy as well, got me in a mood for some chips now!! :D <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay! I'm almost done with everything, winter break is so close I can feel it haha
      I agree, it's quite amazing how something like art history can open up your mind!
      Glad you like it! Haha I forgot some call french fries chips, took me awhile to get it :)
      thanks for reading! I hope you have a wonderful day

      Delete
  32. lovely look, following you on gfc, hope you will follow back xoxo

    thefurthestthingfromperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivana! And yess I'm already following you haha :)

      Delete
  33. Love your outfit ♥
    Melina
    www.melinaalt.de

    ReplyDelete
  34. I understand you! I have a lot of study too. Love the skirt :(

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas break is so close! Only gotta study a bit more, power through a bit more. We can do it :) good luck on your studies as well

      Delete
  35. Love Love Love lace!! :)

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. so stylish in those lace tights! :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you have a wonderful day as well :)

      Delete
  37. Love those tights, what a pretty pattern! I liked reading your story too, I always like hearing the stories behind outfits :) Great coat too!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm obsessed with patterned tights, they really spruce up plain skirts. I'm really glad you enjoyed reading my post :) thanks for visiting!
      have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  38. Wow ! What a busy life !!! . But you have enjoy it life goes faster . School time is just for a while is no gonna be forever.
    Keep rocking !! You look great in this outfit.

    https://stylehue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I may find school to be a pain right now, but later on when I fully enter the adult world I will definitely miss it. The grass is always greener on the other side, huh? haha
      Thank you! :))

      Delete
  39. You look so beautiful darling,love this colors together.Amazing collant too.
    Kisses
    Ale
    http://alespinkfairytale.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ale!! I hope you have a wonderful day :)

      Delete
  40. You look great !

    Camy xx

    www.osiarah.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your lace stockings so much!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your outfit and the food is so mouthwatering!


    Vanessa | Ai ♥ Capture Memories

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very nice look, very pretty !!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Bela postagem, parabéns...
    te seguindo aqui no blog
    Posso te esperar lá no meu blog ?
    bjos
    Blog:elisangeladecassia.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and sure, I'll check out your blog as well!
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Pinterest