#WarbyHoliday: Winter With a Warby Parker Twist

3:49 PM

#WarbyHoliday

Hey everyone!

Tis the holiday season. Well, actually, it is Christmas now, to be exact. Don't want y'all to be correcting me in the comments, now do I? Anyways, I figured that each of us do different things in the winter, for we all got our own little traditions. Today, I wanted to share with you some of the winter activities I've done this past year.

Warby Parker, an American brand that features sleek, beautiful eyeglasses and sunglasses, kindly reached out to me to help introduce their new Winter 2015 collection. Because of this exciting news, I decided to feature some of my favorite frames that I would sport whilst doing my usual winter thing.

To do so, I tried out their Home Try On Program, which allowed me to order 5 frames (eyeglasses or sunglasses), to try out at home for 5 days. All for a grand total of $0. Didn't cost me nothin'. And I got to try em on, and pose for the camera.

Warby Parker Home Try On

Warby Parker Home Try On Kit

The package came within 7 days of ordering. Inside, there was a card with some details about the company, and how to order frames. It's really exciting getting a package like this! I felt like I was opening a present. 

warby parker glasses and sunglasses

Home Try On Warby Parker

Sadly, I got this package after I had already done my usual winter routine. So, I decided to share with you guys, which frames I would wear had I gotten this earlier. Also, I couldn't resist, and I chose a couple pairs of sunglasses as well. Which, for obvious reasons, wouldn't be necessary in the middle of winter, but is still fun to try on.

holiday baking

Something I love to do in the winter time is to cuddle up by the fire, catching up on some shows on Netflix while eating homemade goodies. Winter vacation is the perfect excuse to lie around doing nothing but eat sweets and binge watch TV. My sister and I usually like to hang out together, and lie by the fire side by side, with a plateful of cookies between us. 

trying on Theo Whiskey Tortoise
Theo: Whiskey Tortoise


Because of this cozy, indoor activity, I would definitely choose these frames to wear. The frames I chose, Theo in Whisky Tortoise, are such a lovely color and style. Tortoise is such a classic design, and with the activity being cozying up to a warm fire, this emphasizes the timeless quality to the frames. 

shopping at target
There was a cool living-room set up so I just had to sneak over and snap a quick shot of me nonchalantly lounging on the chair. 

Because it is the holiday season, I generally have a long list of things I gotta buy for people's presents. Plus, a few goodies for myself to reward myself for hard work, and whatever other excuses I can think of. I usually do a lot of my gift shopping at Target because it's Target. And who doesn't like Target?

trying on Gilbert Scarlet Tortoise
Gilbert: Scarlet Tortoise



Because of the hustle and bustle of the holiday shopping rush, I would need a great sturdy, stylish pair of frames. The fact that these were in a rich red hue matched perfectly with the iconic color of Target. Pretty cool how that worked out, eh?

I really like how these look on me because of the pop of red. The pattern is still that classic tortoise, yet the red makes it stand out and look way more unique and special, which is exactly the kind of gift you should be giving. Almost works like your own personal reminder and source of inspiration.


holiday baking holiday treats

When winter rolls around, I'm all about that baking. I literally would spend hours upon hours scouring Pinterest for the best ideas for holiday treats. For myself and for others. But mostly for myself. 

trying on Simone Blue Coral
Simone: Blue Coral


I found a wonderful pair of glasses that matched this very mood. These frames are in a fun blue pattern, which correlates with the creativity necessary when baking. You can't get by with boring ol' cookies, now can you? No. You gotta make the best of the best, with super creative and original ideas. Thus, the unique blue-patterned frames. I think these would have been perfect for this occasion.

I also wanted to share a couple of the sunglasses I tried out with the Home Try-On Program. Warby Parker features a wide selection of eyeglasses and sunglasses, so I just had to choose a couple frames to try out as well, despite it being winter.

trying on Reilly Whiskey Tortoise
Reilly: Whiskey Tortoise


trying on Reilly Whiskey Tortoise



This pair of snazzy sunnies are Reilly in Whiskey Tortoise. Ooh, I'm sensing a pattern here. Whiskey Tortoise seems to be the design I'm liking for glasses frames. I love these sunglasses. They are the perfect style and shape for me. They look so retro and gives off just enough attitude.


trying on Dempsey Jet Silver
Dempsey: Jet Silver
trying on Dempsey Jet Silver sunglasses



The other pair of sunglasses I got to try on are the Dempsey in Jet Silver, a pair of trendy sunglasses that I've recently fallen in love with. I wasn't sure about the silver at first because it seemed so bright and shiny. I'm fairly sure you guys can guess by now that I am the type of person to go for black sunglasses. But, given that these are a different style for me being in silver, I'm pleasantly surprised and happy with the way they look because I think they turned out pretty sleek and chic. 

Warby Parker as a great selection of frames to choose from for lots of different occasions. They have a new Windsor Collection out, which offers a "a new range of extra-special frames influenced by the timeless Windsor rim".  Definitely check them out! 

They've released a bunch of new stuff for the winter. Treat yourself for the new year. If you're already making some excuses to splurge and indulge for the holidays, might as well treat yourself to some new frames too. 

Lemme know what you guys think of these glasses and sunglasses in the comments below! Which ones were your favorites? 

Thanks so much for reading, and I wish you all a happy holidays!!


Til next time,
~A

You Might Also Like

88 comments

  1. I love these glasses. you look amazing like always boo.
    happy holidays.
    Lots of love,
    Kayla xo // Kayla's Vibration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla! I wish you happy holidays as well :))

      Delete
  2. i think i like Theo in Whisky Tortoise and Dempsey in Jet Silver glasses
    here dont have a winter i always want to feel that season

    christynate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Whiskey Tortoise is really speaking to me too. And I agree, those sunglasses are really nice. That's too bad you don't have winter. But on the plus side, at least you don't ever have to worry about dressing for cold weather! :)

      Delete
  3. Dempsey in Jet Silver Glasses is very suitable on you, But all of glasses is cute! Would you like to support each other and follow via Blog? Please let me know if you like to so I can follow you right back ^^

    Love xx
    Official Seol ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really love the Dempsey ones as well!
      Sounds great, I just followed you. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Awww, you are so cute babe! :)
    LOVE the pics! :"D
    Hope you had a great Christmas Eve! ♥

    XX,
    Photography & Fashion Blog

    CHRISTINA KEY
    www.CHRISTINAKEY.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina :) I had a wonderful Christmas celebrating it with my family!

      Delete
  5. I love these glasses , all of them! The photos are amazing and I really got hungry watching these cookies haha! You are great blogger and every post of yours is amazing and inspiring! That's why I said, on my blog, that your blog is GOALS! I know you inspire so much more people than just me and you should be proud of yourself!
    And you are so beautiful! :)xx

    NEW POST ---> http://living-like-v.blogspot.ba/2015/12/diy-nail-polishes-corner.html

    NEW POST #OldBlog ---> http://staliaisbae.blogspot.ba/2015/12/teenwolfwiki-part-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! You are so sweet :) Makes me so happy to hear that, really made my day :) thank you for your lovely comment! I hope you had a wonderful holiday

      Delete
  6. Great post girl!♥
    https://ilanna07.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful glasses, like them
    http://www.mosaictrends.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all suit u well! Happy holidays dear!
    Thestyletune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't sure bout them at first because they are a different style and shape than ones I normally go for. Happy I got to try em out with that try on program.
      I hope you had a wonderful holiday as well :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! I hope you had a great holidays as well :)

      Delete
  10. I've heard so many great things about Warby Parker! I think my favorite pair on you is the GIlbert ones :) Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Gilbert ones are such a cool color. I wasn't sure bout them when I was choosing which ones to try on, but they surprisingly grew on me.
      I hope you had a wonderful holidays :)

      Delete
  11. I love these glasses ♥
    Melina
    www.melinaalt.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely present.
    Looks great on you as well.
    Happy holidays :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)) I hope you had a wonderful holidays

      Delete
  13. Hey dear! :)
    I wish you a great New Year's Eve! :)

    XX,
    Photography & Fashion Blog

    CHRISTINA KEY
    www.CHRISTINAKEY.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina!! Happy New Years to you as well :)

      Delete
  14. 'Good things await you' is such a sweet message on the box and yes, I've heard good things about Warby Parker. Yum to the chocolate treats too!!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Having a motivational and inspiring quote on the box like that really adds something.
      They were really delicious!
      Thanks for reading Gabrielle! I hope you had a wonderful holidays :)

      Delete
  15. Loving all those glasses - super cute!
    Merry Christmas!

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice modeling ;) Those glasses look great Andrea!

    The Vera Vault | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! :) having the camera aimed at my face rather than my outfit was quite a different feel!
      I hope you had a wonderful holidays!

      Delete
  17. THEY ALL LOOK GOOD . and the one you have on you is perfectly a 10 for ou i say... nice post on the items and cool pictures for illustrations too.... You rock..

    greetings from leXHansplaCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lexhan! Glad to hear I picked out some good ones :)
      I hope you had a wonderful holidays!

      Delete
  18. I don't need glasses, but have heard about this program and think it's such an amazing idea. They all look great on you, hope you had a great holiday!

    http://viasora.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, it's definitely very convenient to have for online shopping, especially for something as important as glasses frames.
      I hope you had a wonderful holidays :) thanks for reading!

      Delete
  19. so excited for you that you got to collab with such an awesome company. I have 20/20 vision so no glasses for me yet. but I would gladly rock those Dempsey shades. also target is one one of my guilty pleasures. go in there for one thing, walk out with 50 other things. lol.

    happy holidays!

    xoxo,
    geri

    http://everydaylivingnyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be very very thankful you do not need glasses!! At one point, I thought I would be the only one out of my parents and my sister to not need glasses, and I was wrong!
      Those Dempsey sunglasses are awesome, I agree!
      Haha same for me! Once I go inside Target, it's hard for me to leave without a lighter wallet
      I hope you had a wonderful holidays :)) thanks for reading Geri!

      Delete
  20. This glasses program is so awesome! I'm basically blind and I've been looking for new frames, I'll have to try it out. Also I totally do all of my gift shopping at Target too :) it's the best!


    XO Raquel
    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty great thing to try out! It beats going to an actual glasses place to try them on. I always hate doing that because I can't tell how I would actually feel wearing them outside of the fluorescent-lit room in a real life setting haha
      Right? Target is the best, got everything I need all in once place
      I hope you had a wonderful holidays!

      Delete
  21. Wow!!!It's an amazing present,you can change glasses everytime you want.
    Love it
    Kisses
    Ale
    http://alespinkfairytale.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ale! It really is a great thing to try out

      Delete
  22. Sitting in front of the fireplace in the winter is one of my favorite things :)
    The glasses looks cute !

    xo
    https://stylehue.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like a toasty warm marshmallow when I lay by the fire. It's such a relaxing thing to do.
      Glad you like em :)
      I hope you had a wonderful holidays!

      Delete
  23. All these frames look so great on you!! *-*
    Try 5 frames for 5 days and then you can choose if buy or not, such a lovely and original service!
    So lovely pics darling!! I would like to have a fireside to sit down and relaxing in front of it!! ^-^
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I like how it's all for free so you don't feel like you are wasting time or money trying out things you may not like. I found a few pairs I really like that I normally wouldn't have chosen to try on. So convenient
      Thank you Roberta :)
      Having a fire to cozy up near is really nice. We recently got ours fixed just in time for winter haha
      Thanks for reading! I hope you had a wonderful holidays

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. Thank you Sabina! I hope you had a great holidays as well :))

      Delete
  25. Wowwww! I wish I could pull off glasses as beautifully as you do, you look GORGEOUS! These suit you so well, now I'm half-regretting turning Warby Parker down when they reached out to me about the same collab. :P I can't stand myself in glasses, tho... Upgraded to contact lenses a few years back, and haven't looked back since! They just don't look good on me, but you look absolutely lovely and gorgeous, and thank you for sharing these with us. :) Hope you had a fab Christmas, and happy new year! <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Kay! That's so sweet of you to say :)
      I'm sure you don't look that bad with glasses on. You should try out a few just to see :) with time your face changes and you may surprise yourself
      I've wanted to wear contacts for awhile now but I haven't gotten the courage to do so, touching my eyeballs still freaks me out!
      I hope you had a wonderful holidays and I wish you a happy new year as well! :))

      Delete
  26. I love WP- such a great way to shop for super cute frames. I love the ones you got! So chic.

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Very convenient as well. Thanks Ashley! I'm glad you like em :)
      I hope you had a wonderful holidays!

      Delete
  27. What a great idea! They all look so good on you!

    Filipa x

    http://www.playingwithapparel.com
    http://www.instagram.com/filipajackson

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amaizing post,love these glasses,you look great :)
    Also happy new year!

    New outfit post is here,also ask me some questions for Q&A :)
    beautyshapes3.blogspot.hr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! :) Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  29. love the sunnies!
    happy holidays!

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you had a wonderful holidays as well!!

      Delete
  30. Ciao As you already know I have been following you from a lot of time
    Would you like to be featured on my blog? If yes please write to adsdr@sdrsrl.com
    And sometimes check my blog I’m posting everyday http://www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great, I will get back to you on that!
      thank you for letting me know :) I hope you had a wonderful holidays!

      Delete
  31. Dempsey in Jet Silver Glasses are definately best, but they all suit you! You look great :)
    Make sure to check out my new post: beautybyshoppingholicgirl.blogspot.hr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those silver ones are slowly growing on me. I never would have thought to go for silver frames like that. Thank you :))
      I hope you had a wonderful holidays!
      I will definitely check it out, thanks for leaving the link!

      Delete
  32. Those are awesome glasses! Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed 2016!
    Much love, Len
    www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Len! I'm glad you like it :) I hope you had a wonderful holidays and I wish you a happy new year as well :)

      Delete
  33. What a great post ! You really suited so many of these glasses :) I'm like you and often spend Christmas with my sister watching movies and eating whatever we've been baking hehe :)

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Marianne :)
      Watching movies and eating sweets is my ideal way of spending the holidays. That and spending time with family and friends. But mostly indulging and relaxing by the fire and watching classic holiday movies. Isn't it just the most relaxing thing to do?
      thank you for reading, I hope you had a wonderful holidays and I wish you a happy new years :)

      Delete
  34. Dear Andrea,
    Happy New Year! You look absolutely stunning in these photos and I love the idea to be able to try out many glasses in your surrounding, clothes and the correct lightning. I personally love the Dempsey in Jet Silver and think they look absolutely great!

    xxx
    http://potsofsmiles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Nathaliya! Thank you very much :) I agree, being able to try out the glasses in the comfort of my own home and getting to see them in a real life setting made it easier for me to like them and see how they would really look and feel.
      That's what I keep hearing! Haha I guess the silver frames do look good, despite my initial worry of that color.
      Thanks for reading! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  35. So many cute pairs of glasses! I gotta have them all.

    http://vyvystyles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great collection of glasses Andrea, you look amazing by the way x

    Camy xx
    www.osiarah.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Pinterest