Current Music Obsession: Elle King's Love Stuff

6:48 PM

elle king love stuff
Elle King's Love Stuff on Spotify

Hey everyone!

Every once in awhile, I get into these music obsessions where I listen exclusively to a certain artist. I don't know about you, but there are times when I will get really into it and would obsessively listen to them for a period of time. Currently, for me it is Elle King's Love Stuff.

I'm sure many of you have not heard of her, but if you have, cookie for you. Or perhaps cake or ice cream if that's what you'd rather want. Or low-fat low sugar paleo gluten-free vegan if that's the way you roll. I'm kidding. Don't hate, I'm only making a joke. I got diet issues myself. Anyways, she's an amazing singer, and I really love the rock with a bit of soul she delivers in her music. She only has one album and an EP along with a few other singles out, but you should definitely consider checking them out!

elle king love stuff spotify web
I am this obsessed with the album. I have it playing on my phone AND my computer.
I first heard of her from Allie Marie Evans' February Favorites video. Allie Marie Evans, by the way, is one of my frequently watched favorite YouTubers because of her groundedness, honesty, creativity, and overall personality. And is it just me or does she remind you of Emily VanCamp, the actress who portrayed Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke in ABC's Revenge? Because she really looks like her in my opinion.

Allie described Elle King's voice and music style as being similar to that of Adele's, but in a "slightly edgier" sort of way. This is what initially caught my attention, as I am a fan of Adele's music. Because of that, I was drawn to it and I found some of Elle's songs on YouTube and Spotify and immediately fell in love with her songs.

That happened a long time ago, like months ago. A short while ago, however, I was browsing one of Madilyn Bailey's Spotify playlists, and I found a few of Elle King's songs on there. Madilyn Bailey, for those of you out there who do not know this, is one of my favorite singers from YouTube (yes I am a huge YouTube person haha). And to find that one of my favorite people likes listening to one of my favorite singers?? I fangirl a lot.

Recently, I also heard Elle King's song Ex's and Oh's in the intro of one of Aspyn Ovard's videos. Because many people I know don't really listen to Elle King, this just really caught my attention and made me feel super happy inside. Do you guys ever get that feeling where you hear one of your favorite songs in a TV show, or a movie, and you get super happy because that song isn't really popular, yet it is featured in something that is? Or, when someone who isn't too well known, yet is super talented, finally attains success in the mainstream world? I start feeling so proud of them because I had followed them from the beginning. Like a proud mama. Getting all teary-eyed and stuff. Except, they usually are older than me, so that analogy doesn't make all that much sense. Yeah, I get weird and crazy like that.

Elle King "I Told You I Was Mean"
One of my favorite songs from Elle King's Love Stuff, "I Told You I Was Mean".

Anyways, here are my favorites from Elle King in no particular order:
Ex's and Oh's
I Told You I Was Mean
Make You Smile
and Playing for Keeps (from the Elle King EP)

Definitely check her out and lemme know what you think! Also, who are some of your favorite singers/bands you recommend? Comment down below!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!


Til next time,
~A








You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I like her pop rock sound!

    kaleywerebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah no problem! I agree, I really love her music style.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. She is definitely amazing! I am so happy to hear that you enjoy her music as much as I do!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know this artist so I searched her songs on Youtube and I really like them!! Thanks for suggestion!^-^
    xoxo
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post dear! I love your blog:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it :)

    https://deckedupbeauties.wordpress.com/2015/10/18/review-swatches-eotd-wet-n-wild-comfort-zone-palette/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post. I'm your GFC follower # 10 if you want to come on my blog ♡

    www.beautywithterri.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and for following :) I followed you back on gfc love your blog, your blog header looks amazing!

      Delete

Follow Me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Pinterest